• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do last weeks, and this week it's a shortened version as the Conference South clubs etc have entered the FA Cup and the info is a lot harder to find it seems!

Here goes anyway:

I was at Dagenham’s 2-1 defeat to Accrington Stanley to see former trialists Anwar Uddin and Paul Benson involved. Uddin started the game and was pretty solid whilst Benson came on with 6 minutes left and could’ve scored twice, but took 2 air shots at crosses from 6 yards.

Chris Porter started in goal as York lost 2-1 at Aldershot.

Richie Hanlon started for Rob Newman’s Cambridge side as they picked up an important 4-0 at home to Altrincham.

Kezie Ibe was on target again for Canvey who also had another ex trialist, Jeff Minton in their side, as they beat Southport 2-1.

Jamie Stuart, Stuart Thurgood and recent trialist Stevland Angus started for Grays in their 3-1 win at Crawley, with Michael Kightly being a 2nd half sub. Not an Ex Shrimper, but target Dennis Oli scored twice.

Tony Scully started for Exeter as they went down 2-1 at home to Burton Albion.

Craig Holloway started in goal for Gravesend against Kidderminster, as they also had former trialist Ben Surey on their bench.

Darren Blewitt started for Hereford as they lost 2-1 at Halifax.

Ryan Robinson was again victorious as he started in goal in Morecambe’s 4-1 win over Stevenage. Ronnie Henry started in the same game and was booked for Stevenage.

Ryan Clarke and Damon Searle started for Forest Green at Scarborough. The team that cost us a Chelsea tie came out winners 1-0.

Mark Rawle came on with 6 minutes to go as Woking won 1-0 at Tamworth.

Cedric Anselin scored for King’s Lynn as they lost 3-2 at Bedford Town.

Another former trialist who failed to make our grade, Michael Frew, scored as Nuneaton beat AFC Telford 3-1.

Daniel Kerrigan, David McSweeney and Leon Hunter lined up for Billericay at East Thurrock. Billericay won 3-0 and Hunter scored a pen. A player called Bourne came on for Billericay, but I can’t find any confirmation as to whether it was either of the two Bournes that played for our youths in recent seasons. Does anyone know? With Mel Capleton out, Dale Brightley started in goal and I believe he was also with us when Newman was in charge?

And I read in last nights Echo that Declan Perkins ran the show for Ilford against Wakering (Chris Perkins also plays for Ilford)

Barrington Belgrave is next up as wakering play Areley on Saturday !

Trivia question, who was Declan' sfamous sister (this may of course be one of those local urban myths but whatthe heck !!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 30 2005,14:11)]And I read in last nights Echo that Declan Perkins ran the show for Ilford  against Wakering (Chris Perkins also plays for Ilford)

Trivia question, who was Declan' sfamous sister (this may of course be one of those local urban myths but whatthe heck !!)
No urban myth it is the gorgeous Louise Lombard.

Sad ******* that i am i used to watch The House of Elliott with sound down, so i could drool contentdely to myself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 30 2005,14:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 30 2005,14:11)]And I read in last nights Echo that Declan Perkins ran the show for Ilford  against Wakering (Chris Perkins also plays for Ilford)

No urban myth it is the gorgeous Louise Lombard.

Sad ******* that i am i used to watch The House of Elliott with sound down, so i could drool contentdely to myself.
I checked it out after I posted and as Louise Lombard was born Louise Perkins in Redbdridge and is of Irish descent it is safe to assume that it is Decs (Irish u 18 intl)  sister.

I think this calls for a famous relative thread in the pub

Nearest I can get is that I had a p%&s next to Peter West in the press office bogs at Lords.

I was stunned, I could not belive that Peter West p%&sed like us normal mortals.

Back