• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was happy with the point but that's about all.Also glad that Villarreal had a UEFA game on Thursday night (against Leicester i believe).They looked a bit "leggy",understandbly,especially in the 2nd half.

Leicester are in the champions league mate, I know it is still hard to believe but they did win the league, we didn't dream it

Espanyol finally got their first home win of the season yesterday 3-0 against Leganes.An excellent second half performance saw Piatti score twice.:happy:
Just as well with difficult away games coming up soon against Ath.Madrid and Barça.

Was disappointed (but not entirely suprised) to see Espanyol lose 1-2 at home to Real Sociedad earlier.

La Real look like the real deal to me (ie a top 4 team), whereas I think Espanyol might have to wait until next season before they can break into the top 6.

Speculation over here is saying Pochettino or Koeman. Guillem Balague usually gets this stuff right and he is saying Sampaoli, so I reckon he's your best bet
Yet Balague has also said they want someone who has been at the club as a player or coach before.

I reckon it'll be Valverde, though Sampaoli would be my pick.

Speculation over here is saying Pochettino or Koeman. Guillem Balague usually gets this stuff right and he is saying Sampaoli, so I reckon he's your best bet

Yet Balague has also said they want someone who has been at the club as a player or coach before.

I reckon it'll be Valverde
, though Sampaoli would be my pick.

Speculation here has mentioned Koeman but never Pochettino.

FWIT; I make manor 15 right.I think Valverde will get the job.An an ex-Espanyol player and manager he's uniquely well-qualified.:winking:

Interestingly,a mate told me at the Betis game on Friday that Pochettino had been in Barna during the international break.He was photographed at a restaurant talking to Barça's President.Then later had to deny to the press that he was interested in the Barça job.Which he did,in English,apparently saying that as he was such a huge Espanyol fan he wasn't interested in the Barça job.:thumbsup:

Finished just in time to catch the first half of the Barca/Sevilla game yesterday evening. For the eight minutes or so Barca got out of first gear, they absolutely blew Sevilla away. It could've been five or six.

Didn't have to do much else after that.

Finished just in time to catch the first half of the Barca/Sevilla game yesterday evening. For the eight minutes or so Barca got out of first gear, they absolutely blew Sevilla away. It could've been five or six.

Didn't have to do much else after that.

Still forecasting that they're due for a tumble at Cornellà on the weekend of 30th April.Reckon Espanyol will get at least a point.Unfortunately I won't be there to see it as I'll be over in the UK to see us play Bury.

Tony Adams, friends of the Chinese owners and director of football at the club, has been made caretaker manager at Granada until the end of the season to see out their relegation.

Tony Adams, friends of the Chinese owners and director of football at the club, has been made caretaker manager at Granada until the end of the season to see out their relegation.

Yeah saw that.Believe Granada are the only other club in La Liga (just a few more games in their case) along with Espanyol to have a Chinese owner.Good luck Tony.:thumbsup:

He's taken Kieran Richardson and Nigel Reo-Coker on trial, only a few days after saying he wanted to ensure that there were plenty of homegrown talents in the side, could be an interesting few weeks until the end of the season!

Back