• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F.A.O. Colchester and Proud

Sussex Shrimper

Manager
I wanted to post this in the existing thread, but I only bother with this site occasionally now and it's already been locked.

Re: your statement "I can see us becoming an established member of the Championship if we play our cards right", I was wondering whether you would be prepared to put your money where your mouth is?

I wanted to post this in the existing thread, but I only bother with this site occasionally now and it's already been locked.

Re: your statement "I can see us becoming an established member of the Championship if we play our cards right", I was wondering whether you would be prepared to put your money where your mouth is?

Good shout S S :) Col Ewe will be back in L1 either next season or the season after, and i'll stake 50 English Queen heads with anyone who thinks i'm wrong

Sorry Sussex, I am not just saying this but I never gamble, I have never placed a bet in my life, its a mugs game.

Sorry Sussex, I am not just saying this but I never gamble, I have never placed a bet in my life, its a mugs game.

Fair enough.

I still stand by everything I said here. I don't see Fossett's Farm as an automatic ticket to Championship football for us, so it would be highly inconsistent for me to believe that you have any chance in the long term.

Time will tell - there's still not a shadow of a doubt in my mind who will remain the most successful side in Essex though.

Fair enough.

I still stand by everything I said here. I don't see Fossett's Farm as an automatic ticket to Championship football for us, so it would be highly inconsistent for me to believe that you have any chance in the long term.

Time will tell - there's still not a shadow of a doubt in my mind who will remain the most successful side in Essex though.

Without a doubt mate Southend are the club with the most potential, you clearly have a bigger fan base than us, the key will be how that fan base is managed. Colchester have always been a small club and I am sure always will be, but it does not stop long term fans like me living in hope. Misguided or not I think we have a chance of establishing ourselves in the Championship if we can pull ourselves out of the mire this season. Very long term though I suspect we will do a Crewe and end up dropping back a league, but I would settle for that if we could go 5-10 years in the Championship and live the dream for a bit longer. I would love to see you boys in there with us, nice easy away trip, (The journey not the game!) both clubs on the up with new stadiums to look forward to, and the local rivalry back on track!

Anyway.. back ot the original post..

C AND P - scummer!!

Last edited:
Back