• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

f%&kin shambles

The whole lot are a shambles. Not one of them looked interested from the start with no effort or passion.

Clarke is not good enough for this league by miles. We MUST start Efe Sodje. Guttridge and Maher wernt interested at all, completely not bothered.

We need somebody at right back because Hunt was terrible today. At the end of the day the whole defence are a shambles at the moment. Our midfield isnt even there and we rely on Eastwood to get our goals. We need to bring in players and fast because at the moment without a doubt in my mind we're going down.

Complete disgrace by those men out there today.

My ratings:

Flahavan 5

Hunt 5
Clarke 3
Barrett 5
Hammell 6

Francis 6
Maher 4
Guttridge 3
Gower 5

Eastwood 4
Harrold 6

Subs:
Sodje 7
Paynter 7

Now when I said the same thing when we played Cardiff I was called a '****' and told I was talking drivel

On a different note

Was the halftime challenge done by a match sponsor again?

Maher 4
rock.gif
wow.gif

He was our best player.

Bit harsh on Clarke there, who looked far better a central midfielder than Gutts, playing woefully out of position.

Kev was ok, especially considering the AWOL partner he had in the middle of the park.

The main thing for me was the complete lack of closing down, effort when we didn't have the ball etc. Ipswich must have thought Chrristmas came early with the ease that had in possession.

Paynter and Efe did ok when they came on, though I bet there are still a host of posters on here caning Paynter later tonight!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ Oct. 21 2006,17:33)]Bit harsh on Clarke there, who looked far better a central midfielder than Gutts, playing woefully out of position.

Kev was ok, especially considering the AWOL partner he had in the middle of the park.

The main thing for me was the complete lack of closing down, effort when we didn't have the ball etc. Ipswich must have thought Chrristmas came early with the ease that had in possession.

Paynter and Efe did ok when they came on, though I bet there are still a host of posters on here caning Paynter later tonight!!
Over in the West Stand it was hard to see -

What was the incident with Paynter late in the second half just infront of the dugouts?

How can you say Maher wasnt bothered he was chasing balls down in the 88th minute. Guttridge too was trying, unfortunately everything he tried didnt happen and had a very poor game.

Criticise them for playing poorly, which they did but I saw lots of effort being put in out there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Oct. 21 2006,17:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ Oct. 21 2006,17:33)]Bit harsh on Clarke there, who looked far better a central midfielder than Gutts, playing woefully out of position.

Over in the West Stand it was hard to see -

What was the incident with Paynter late in the second half just infront of the dugouts?
I snuck out before then to have a cheeky tab!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spikey Shrimper @ Oct. 21 2006,17:31)]Maher 4
rock.gif

wow.gif

He was our best player.
Kevin Maher is our captain and as captain should be leeding by example and today he wasnt even in the game. 2nd half he was nowhere to be seen. No closing down at all and looked disinterested.

I've always been a fan of Maher but today he was terrible but to be fair, they all were!

As for Clarke, if you pay £250,000 for a defender you expect abit of quality but he has to be the worse defender we've had for years. Mistake after mistake. No communication and his distribution is terrible. For me, he is 4th choice behind Barrett, Sodje and Prior.

No Paynter played quite well.

Guttridge was very poor again I really don't understand what Jay smith has done to **** off tilson so badly?? At least give him a half.

We need a midfielder willing to get forward currently maher and guttridge sit too deep and dare venture forward with the ball.

Gower only started playing when we were 3-0 down and even then wasn't that great.

I think Sodje will start over Clarke we've tried everything else this year. I just think Ipswich closed us down really well today. They weren't a great side but we made them look like Brazil.

I'm very worried about this season!!!!

In all fairness, Paynter played his best game for the club, although he should have scored & Tilly has realised that Sodje & Barrett are the only two who should be playing at the centre of defence.

What the F%*k was Tilly think of taking off Eastwood AND Harrold when 3-0 down?

Leeds might be sh!te, but I bet Healy will be looking forward to this coming week. So should Eastwood too after another drubbing for Leeds!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LennyB @ Oct. 21 2006,17:40)]I think Sodje will start over Clarke we've tried everything else this year. I just think Ipswich closed us down really well today. They weren't a great side but we made them look like Brazil.
I didnt see that, I saw a very poor Ipswich side in the first half, who had a decent 20 minutes in the second half then fell to pieces when we scored.

We were poor and lost to a poor side, we didnt make them look good either!

I thought Maher tryed his heart out today and many times found my saying well done maher, or thats the stuff maher and he was the only guy brave enough to have shots.
Clarke had the best match i saw, he made tackles when no one else was anywhere near stopping Ipwich.
Paynter had the best game i've seen him play, looked good when he came on.
Guttridge i agree had another bad game, gave the ball away far to much for a center midfeilder.
Francis' goal was a strikers finish, and played well when he went upfront.
Ipwich were NOT a good team, we were just worse today.
I wish every player had the passion of Maher.

Two things, Maher 4
rock.gif
"Are you avin a laugh", he was playing with his heart on his sleeve today and chased lost causes all day, deserves at least a 7 for telling Legwinski that he smells,

secondly, LennyB, how comes your posting already. You were still in the Spread when I left
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LennyB @ Oct. 21 2006,17:40)]Guttridge was very poor again I really don't understand what Jay smith has done to **** off tilson so badly?? At least give him a half.
Judging by the venom with which Jay flung his training bib away about 10 minutes from the end (after, I am guessing, he was told he wouldn't be coming on) I think he is a little puzzled too. Surely he couldn't have been a worse bet than the woefully out of form Guttridge?

I necked my jar bustled past the CS youth who were waiting at the spread door for some reason??

And got back in time to get my grievances off my chest!!

Back