• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep, spot on.

Just looked it up.

Rothes was the year before (2015-16).

Strathspey was last season, like you say.

Lucky your adopted team isn't Fort William...
P14 Pts 1 GD -56. Nothing unusual there!

How to turn a thread on the FA Youth Cup to one about the dregs of the Scottish level 5 teams with no conceivable link whatsoever - well done.

Don't worry 'Mick'.

We'll be back on track as soon as the 2nd Round draw is made.

I'm guessing the Premier League sides come in then?

MO 'Exiled'. Would you like to join the FA Youth Cup coverage team I'm assembling?

Hoping to have someone at each match, providing live updates.

I notice Clanfield 85 are away at Dagenham & Redbridge.

I'd almost forgotten Dunkirk are playing tonight, in the 1st Round. I'll be keeping an eye on developments.

MO 'Exiled'. Would you like to join the FA Youth Cup coverage team I'm assembling?

Hoping to have someone at each match, providing live updates.

I'd almost forgotten Dunkirk are playing tonight, in the 1st Round. I'll be keeping an eye on developments.

No joy, 2-0 to The Pigs, or whatever Tamworth's nickname is.

Oh no! .. Disaster! :thumbdown:

Attention now turns to more of the lesser fancied sides playing in the next few days, so let's hear it for :-

AFC Totton (v. Cheltenham Town)
Biggleswade Town (v. Leyton Orient)
Prescot Cables (v. Carlisle United)

A lot of people have been asking how Clanfield 85 got on in their match, but I'm afraid I am the bearer of bad tidings as they got beaten 7-1 by Dagenham & Redbridge! :thumbdown:

In fact, there were no real surprises in the 2nd Round, but in the 3rd Round we've already had :-

West Ham 0-1 Blackpool
Plymouth 0-0 Manchester City (Plymouth won on penalties!)

More as we get it.

Also through to the 4th Round are our conquerors, MK Dons and, would you believe it, Colchester United! :scared:

A lot of people have been asking how Clanfield 85 got on in their match, but I'm afraid I am the bearer of bad tidings as they got beaten 7-1 by Dagenham & Redbridge! :thumbdown:

Most should have got over it by now; that match was 5 weeks ago !

Trying to rival the Echo in timeliness of news ??

Most should have got over it by now; that match was 5 weeks ago !

Trying to rival the Echo in timeliness of news ??

LOL :smile: ... Nice one 'Mick'.

It was such a disappointing result for the Clanfielders that I couldn't bring myself to announce it until now. :thumbdown:

That and I'd frankly forgotten all about the FA Youth Cup, to be truthful.

LOL :smile: ... Nice one 'Mick'.

It was such a disappointing result for the Clanfielders that I couldn't bring myself to announce it until now. :thumbdown:

That and I'd frankly forgotten all about the FA Youth Cup, to be truthful.

And, despite being comprehensively beaten by Southend's U18s last Saturday, Clanfield's conquerors, Dagenham and Redbridge, go marching on to the Fourth Round with a win over Oxford last night. Two goals for Dylan Florence (no prizes for guessing his parents' favourite TV programme!).

Dylan Florence. Superb! :smile:

Yep, as MK Dons beat Cardiff I think it was, in the 3rd Round, it sounds like we were a bit unlucky drawing them away in the 1st Round.

Well, we're back and tonight there's a whole batch of 4th Round matches to enjoy.

Already through to the 5th Round are Plymouth Argyle who, having turned over Manchester City, have now also erased Burnley from the competition. Who needs regionalization, when a bunch of 17 year olds can travel from Plymouth to Burnley on a Friday night, eh!

Local interest tonight includes Dagenham and Redbridge, who are away at Ipswich, whilst Colchester United take on MK Dons. I hear David Icke is definitely going to be in attendance! :cool:

More, as we get it.

Last edited:
More, as we get it.

Very unusually, only four Premiership clubs through to the last 16 (and one of them will definitely go out next round).

Colchester managed what we couldn't ..... getting past MK Dons but they did have home advantage.

In fact, there were no real surprises in the 2nd Round, but in the 3rd Round we've already had :-

West Ham 0-1 Blackpool
Plymouth 0-0 Manchester City (Plymouth won on penalties!)

More as we get it.

Also through to the 4th Round are our conquerors, MK Dons and, would you believe it, Colchester United! :scared:

The youth lads are doing well but so they should be given the amount of cash pumped into our academy! Next up Reading at the WHCS that could be a tough one.

Very unusually, only four Premiership clubs through to the last 16 (and one of them will definitely go out next round).

Particularly unusual, given the top flight hasn't been called that since 2007.

Nothing wrong with adding "ship" to an adjective, past participle, or noun to create a noun that means a state or condition !
:winking:

Anyway call it what you like, I've heard it called worse.

But it really is remarkable that with all the money poured into the Cat 1 academies, they don't dominate the competition. Perhaps at U18 level they just prefer to cherry pick from the lower clubs' players and then concentrate their resources on U21/U23.

Back