• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He was a wee bit flexible with the stats. There was a special reason why 1100 travelled to
Lincoln. Apart from yesterday (thanks to 1200+ Stevenage fans) we do not regularly get
6500. Perhaps he thought that no one would read the Irish Times
in Essex.

Probably material for a new thread but Paul Jewel at RH on two
successive home games? Left yesterday after Kane came off. Probably watching
Kane and Ryan. The cynic in me tells me that this is why RM
gave them contracts so quickly. Increases their value. Hope I'm wrong

He was a wee bit flexible with the stats. There was a special reason why 1100 travelled to
Lincoln. Apart from yesterday (thanks to 1200+ Stevenage fans) we do not regularly get
in Essex.

in Essex.

Hang on, why cynical? Surely securing our best players on longer term contracts - whether they are being scouted or not - is in the best interests of the club?! Unbelievable

To the goat- I couldn't agree with you more mate and I truly hope
this is the reason. I've been coming to the Hall ever since I moved to Essex
18 years ago but the events of the past two seasons make me question every
motive. At the business level and from cash flow it would make sense to sell assets
to enable you to buy more assets. I do hope we have them
for another season.

If they go, we are far more likely to get a good fee for them, or be able to turn them down as they have 2 year deals. When Lee Barnard left, he would have been out of contract 6 months later, and this affects the fee. That said, I'm getting quite excited by next year, providing all the players PS wants to keep do stay, and he can get some more in, with a good pre season, I really think we have a good team, and a good structure.

providing all the players PS wants to keep do stay, and he can get some more in, with a good pre season, I really think we have a good team, and a good structure.

After 143 (or however many) turned us down before !! I am sure they will now all love the idea of coming to a club where we have a chairman who admits he is wrong, players are not owed anything, the revenue is paid up to date, they will want to come here now to wear the shirt - PINK !!

Back