• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Fallen blues

Shrimperforlife

Director
Hi, I am wondering if someone could help please... I'm off to the euros next week and am planning on visiting my great uncle whom is buried in Belgium... I remember seeing in the past a piece of work that shows where ex players who fell in the first and Second World War are buried.. As I am visiting I thought maybe I could tie the two things together.....

if if somebody could help or guide me I would be grateful....

DoDtS is the man, I would suggest. Try dropping him a pm if he doesn't see this thread.

In the book "Southend United Southern League Blues 1906 to 1920" by Keith Roe (published by Shrimper Publishing £9.99) Section three is titled "Fallen Hero's" and has a full 12 A4 pages on this subject with full details pictures of the players, gravestones etc. I think that the PDF is much the same as this.

Hope this helps

Pete

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission has details, I visited my grandfather's grave on tuesday @ Voolemzeele.

In the book "Southend United Southern League Blues 1906 to 1920" by Keith Roe (published by Shrimper Publishing £9.99) Section three is titled "Fallen Hero's" and has a full 12 A4 pages on this subject with full details pictures of the players, gravestones etc. I think that the PDF is much the same as this.

Hope this helps

Pete
it does
Many thanks guys..

On the BBC website today about a exhibition at The National Football museum about fallen footballers , and getting clubs to contribute, the PDFs Blue Army is perfect for this but has anybody got Steve Newmans details , ? Would be good to get that excellent article some recognition?

Back