• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fancy dress hire/buy

sufcalways

Manager
Any suggestions on where to get fancy dress costume at a cheap/decent price?

Last edited:
Make your own , just get a wheelchair from the hospital , gaffa tape a old skool joystick and keyboard to the wheel chair , put some glasses on and just get ****ing paraletic and mumble your words ...........hey presto Tonight matthew i'm gonna be .............Stephen Hawkins .

type it into google, i typed in "funny fancy dress" or something like that, and there is a website called allfancydress.com and some others. there are so many outfits on there and if you look in the funny section you can find something i am sure! carrots are a good choice :)

There is a good little hire shop in Rochford at the top of South Street on your left as you are heading in to the town

Aladdins in Rayleigh or Sancto in Southend are good if you want cheaper stuff - you can pick up bits to "make your own" although Aladdins also has costumes to hire.

type it into google, i typed in "funny fancy dress" or something like that, and there is a website called allfancydress.com and some others. there are so many outfits on there and if you look in the funny section you can find something i am sure! carrots are a good choice :)
carrots.. :unsure:
are you referring to me dressing up as a carrot :D

Making your own always goes down well, and you can do pretty simple things as well they're always effective.

What are the best costumes people have dressed up in?

Aladdins in Rayleigh or Sancto in Southend are good if you want cheaper stuff - you can pick up bits to "make your own" although Aladdins also has costumes to hire.
blimey aladdins does seem pretty decent.. fair price too might have to go see what I can put together instore! :)

Making your own always goes down well, and you can do pretty simple things as well they're always effective.

What are the best costumes people have dressed up in?

Like i said , Stephen Hawkins, blinding night , didn't have to go to the bar all night and got pushed around , it was like being Royality for the night .

Like i said , Stephen Hawkins, blinding night , didn't have to go to the bar all night and got pushed around , it was like being Royality for the night .

Haha brilliant!

Think my best two were;
Arthur Dent (hitchhikers guide to the galaxy) - easy, dressing gown and a towel.
Paddington Bear - took a bit of time, but was worth it, women love to hug paddington!

Haha brilliant!

Think my best two were;
Arthur Dent (hitchhikers guide to the galaxy) - easy, dressing gown and a towel.
Paddington Bear - took a bit of time, but was worth it, women love to hug paddington!

Went as Papa Lazarou from the League of Gentlemen a couple of years ago. Did the voice all night as well, my throat was ****ed the next morning

just go in your normal clothes with a sticky note saying "i am god". no one has ever met god so they cant argue over what he would wear :)

about six years ago i went out in newcastle dressed as a rampant rabbit. i was dressed as a rabbit from head to toe & had a rampant rabbit (anne summers) in my hand, fully working. as you can imagine, i was very popular that evening with the ladies (when arent i, i hear you say) it was probably about that time that the ian the girth was born.

il dig the photos & videos out & post on here a.s.a.p.

i cant remember where i got the costume, sorry.

but may i suggest anyone whos travelling by plane, not to carry a rampant rabbit in there hand luggage. haha, the look on the security staffs face as customs was brilliant !

Back