• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans At Roots Hall - has anyone seen this story?

They were filming Rise of the Foot Soldier 5. Cameras were outside the Hope Hotel on the seafront last week as well.
That trilogy had more sequels than Rocky & Jaws!.

That must have been Sunday. I drove past and saw the floodlights were on. Assumed It was training or youth match.

Hope the club got a good price for hiring it out as a film set for a couple of hours.

What a load of rubbish. Firstly, I doubt anyone was outraged. Secondly, I suspect everyone will be happy the club are making a few quid. Thirdly, the article says it looked like there was no social distancing and yet it also mentions people were told to remove their masks for filming. Fourthly, that clip lasts about 15 seconds so the chances are that the whole scene was set up before the extras were situated. They were probably there less than 10 minutes before they all dispersed ready for the next scene.

Typical Daily Fail trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Last edited:
Blimey shows how far Vinnie’s acting career has fallen. Those films are usually nothing but a load of gratuitous violence & drug dealing / abuse with some virtually unknown Z lister who appeared in an episode of The Bill 20 years ago as the main star.

The first (and third) films in this series/franchise are available on Prime Video. I'm for some reason quite interested in watching these now ! !

Do we reckon they are so bad, they are good?

Back on topic - I personally haven't got a problem with the filming as long as the club was paid for the hire of Roots Hall. No different to hiring out the car park for a market imho.

Terms of contract say it must be subtitled 'The War Chest is discovered' or 'Confessions of the cleaner'

Terms of contract say it must be subtitled 'The War Chest is discovered' or 'Confessions of the cleaner'

Quick google and Wikipedia shows the title as Rise of the Footsolider: Origins - The Tony Tucker Story.

If someone is quick they could have some fun with the name on Wikipedia.

Looks like a straight to DVD release already

I like a local interest story as much as the next person but don't understand the mythology that has grown around the Rettendon triple shootings.

There are loads of YouTube videos examining the case from ever angle, online forums, the lot.

You have to wonder who the target audience is.

Yep exactly. I get that it's part of local history and maybe a proper factual programme would have been mildly interesting for some, but I imagine there are plenty out there that want money for nothing that will aspire to be the next Tucker, Rolfe or Tate. They may just end up gong the same way

How long before Vinnie is inspired by Wrexham and becomes new owner of SUFC alonsgide Guy Ritchie and Brad Pitt?

I like a local interest story as much as the next person but don't understand the mythology that has grown around the Rettendon triple shootings.

There are loads of YouTube videos examining the case from ever angle, online forums, the lot.

I think it's because no one believes the current people charged for the crime actually done it.

I have real close affinity with it all because one of my best mates from childhood dad was one of the original detectives that worked on the case, and I also lived in the village next to the one where Leah Betts died from an overdose of the Essex boy's supply.

My mates dad still to this day does not believe the guys in prison are actually guilty (guilty of being petty criminals of course) there is still so many loose ends with the case, a member of his team wrote a book on it and basically the whole squad have always been unsatisfied with the verdict.

The main reason the verdict was concluded was because of mobile phone records, but it's still disputed today. The tech back then was in early development really and was not reliable at all. The old bailey practically played it safe and went for the easy coup of blaming it on petty criminals (my personal opinion)

Still, makes for a good chat at the end of the day. Shame they have milked these films and dramatised it to the max. Because when its all said and done, they were horrible bastards who ruined lives.

Back