• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Aug. 17 2005,07:38)]Tes Bramble is the 7th worse footballer to ever grace the turf at Roots Hall as a southend united player.
That's a fantastic boast!

laugh.gif

It's also total sloblock, to be fair. I can think of at least 7 players who have been worse than Tes - and that's only in the last decade.

*Gordon Connelly
*Simon Livett
*Tony Richards
*Neil Campbell
*Barrington Belgrave
*Mark Prudhoe
*Neville Southall

There you go, there's 7 players who were with us for far too long, and none of whom anyone could argue in their right mind were better players for Southend than Tes Bramble.

In fact, here's one for you... I bet that we can name 70 players whom, objectively, most people would be consider to be worse players for Southend than Tes Bramble.

All it requires is a further 9 people to name 7 players each who they think were worse than Tes Bramble, making sure that they don't repeat any of the names already picked.

So, who's up for the challenge - who's up for choosing "the Bramble 70"...

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 17 2005,11:27)]So, who's up for the challenge - who's up for choosing "the Bramble 70"...
Is this going to be SZ's answer to The Da Vinci Code?
laugh.gif

Andy Harris
Gareth Ridsbridger
Dominic Foley

Other choices already taken (Alderton, Belgrave, G Jones & Richards)

Naps, didn't think Dubbers was all THAT bad
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 17 2005,11:40)]Andy Harris
Gareth Ridsbridger
Dominic Foley

rock.gif
Come on glasgowsufc - must do better!  I need you to put up a list of 7, not complain that other people nabbed your choices!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 17 2005,11:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 17 2005,11:40)]Naps, didn't think Dubbers was all THAT bad  
rock.gif
worse than Bramble!
I disagree, Keith Dublin was better than Bramble IMHO, singularly for scoring against Ipswich in 1996!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 17 2005,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 17 2005,11:40)]Andy Harris
Gareth Ridsbridger
Dominic Foley

rock.gif
Come on glasgowsufc - must do better!  I need you to put up a list of 7, not complain that other people nabbed your choices!

tounge.gif
Right, consider me suitably chastised.
My revised 7 are :-

Andy Harris
Gareth Ridsbridger
Dominic Foley

plus

Carl Emberson
Christian Hyslop
George Parris
Sada N'Diaye (although he gave us all a laugh at Brentford when he floored their centre-half)

Yes, thank you Toddy. Are you sure you've got over your wobble in the pub...?!

tounge.gif

Incidentally, what's the difference between all the players you list above & Tes Bramble...?

rock.gif

Answer: Bramble has never played football above the basement league. Says a lot about Tes, that does.

wink.gif

Back