• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 16 2005,12:18)]I agree, but it's the beer talking in most cases is it not? Unacceptable, we are all on the same side.
So thats an excuse is it ?

Just because someone either can't take their drink or doesn't know when to stop , its ok for them to abuse all and sundry around them.

If something is unacceptable, it is unaccepable sober, drunk, high or whatever

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 16 2005,12:18)]I agree, but it's the beer talking in most cases is it not? Unacceptable, we are all on the same side.
With my particular 1st-hand experience, I think it was more to do with the trauma of the day than the beer (or any other substance abuse).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 16 2005,09:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 16 2005,08:41)]Most of our managers have picked Maher and he was in the League 2 team picked by the players themselves so that is all you need to know to end any argument. What do the fans know?

And shame on all of you for the Eastwood 'bashing'.
Yeah, but apart from last season, think of the dross we've had as a 1st team squad.  I'm not detracting at from his ability but is it any wonder that KM has been picked consistently since 1997?

Oh & it's simple for Eastwood to start scoring, he simply needs to change his name to Geastwood, seeing as all our goals so far have come from Gray, Goater & own Goal  
biggrin.gif

wow.gif

suspect.gif
Not to forget Gutteridge.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ Aug. 16 2005,13:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 16 2005,09:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 16 2005,08:41)]Most of our managers have picked Maher and he was in the League 2 team picked by the players themselves so that is all you need to know to end any argument. What do the fans know?

And shame on all of you for the Eastwood 'bashing'.
Yeah, but apart from last season, think of the dross we've had as a 1st team squad.  I'm not detracting at from his ability but is it any wonder that KM has been picked consistently since 1997?

Oh & it's simple for Eastwood to start scoring, he simply needs to change his name to Geastwood, seeing as all our goals so far have come from Gray, Goater & own Goal  
biggrin.gif

wow.gif

suspect.gif
Not to forget Gutteridge.
wink.gif
Oh yeah, good point, forgot about that wonder goal at Valley Parade! That settles it then, all players must change their names to begin with a "G"
tounge.gif

Didn't know Bramble's name started with a 'G'
rock.gif

Nor do I subscribe to the asserion that he is some sort of mystical figure who is alleged to have created the world 'n' stuff...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 16 2005,16:56)]Didn't know Bramble's name started with a 'G'
rock.gif

Nor do I subscribe to the asserion that he is some sort of mystical figure who is alleged to have created the world 'n' stuff...
Well he had the talent to but decided that the universe would sort itself out.

What a good call that was too. Well done Tes

Tes Bramble is the 7th worse footballer to ever grace the turf at Roots Hall as a southend united player.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Aug. 17 2005,07:38)]Tes Bramble is the 7th worse footballer to ever grace the turf at Roots Hall as a southend united player.
He has a better goals per game ratio (the apparent cause for so much criticism) than both Lawrie Dudfield and Wayne Gray. Presumably, that's two then.

Of course, he also has a better ratio than, say, Barry Conlon, Drew Broughton, Michael Kightly, Michael Husbands, Ben Abbey, Mark Rawle.....oh hang on, that's 8 already!

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 17 2005,08:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Aug. 17 2005,07:38)]Tes Bramble is the 7th worse footballer to ever grace the turf at Roots Hall as a southend united player.
He has a better goals per game ratio (the apparent cause for so much criticism) than both Lawrie Dudfield and Wayne Gray.  Presumably, that's two then.

Of course, he also has a better ratio than, say, Barry Conlon, Drew Broughton, Michael Kightly, Michael Husbands, Ben Abbey, Mark Rawle.....oh hang on, that's 8 already!

cool.gif
doesn't mean he is a better all round player though.

I always liked Tes, if he had been issued a new contract i would have been happy!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 17 2005,09:35)]I always liked Tes, if he had been issued a new contract i would have been happy!!
so would i.

Back