• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Fans Back May 17th

Be interesting to see what all clubs will do for their season ticket holders.

from my understanding there will be in compensation for this season as we have been given free access to iFollow for home games.

next season i assume will be buy your ST as normal

from my understanding there will be in compensation for this season as we have been given free access to iFollow for home games.

next season i assume will be buy your ST as normal

I would question the idea that iFollow access has been 'free' - I've paid for 3 season tickets in my house, when we could have spent £230 just buying iFollow passes on a match by match basis.

It’s a real shame, this, IMO. I can understand it but I really do feel that those couple of games we had with home fans made a huge difference in establishing a connection and rapport between the fans and the team this year. I take my hat off to the 2000 who attended and provided nothing but complete support to the boys - I reckon they really appreciated it. Even on IFollow it made such a difference.

The only hope for fans in the Hall this season is a significant ramp up to the pace of vaccination (which is going to be attempted) which might, just might, bring that date forward. Let’s see.

I would question the idea that iFollow access has been 'free' - I've paid for 3 season tickets in my house, when we could have spent £230 just buying iFollow passes on a match by match basis.
With you on this one.

I'd like to have seen fans allowed in for their last home game of the season up to the limits before this lockdown.

Would have been nice to give them a send off, be it relegated or saved. I would imagine we will not see a lot of these players again as I think we have a lot out of contract, and the recent signings were only until the end of the season as well)

What exactly did season ticket holders expect to happen? It was always a long shot that fans would be allowed in this season, indeed I remember Ron getting an absolute hammering on here for not releasing details of the tickets early enough, he bowed down to the pressure and sold tickets and now people are complaining that they weren't good value.

Seriously this place can be horrendous at times

It’s a real shame, this, IMO. I can understand it but I really do feel that those couple of games we had with home fans made a huge difference in establishing a connection and rapport between the fans and the team this year. I take my hat off to the 2000 who attended and provided nothing but complete support to the boys - I reckon they really appreciated it. Even on IFollow it made such a difference.

The only hope for fans in the Hall this season is a significant ramp up to the pace of vaccination (which is going to be attempted) which might, just might, bring that date forward. Let’s see.

Sadly , if there is any change to that date , it won’t be forward .....

Sadly , if there is any change to that date , it won’t be forward .....

Not yet, and I agree it’s not likely but we are working on plans to accelerate the vaccine rollout as I say - and there remains a smidgen of hope that this might lead to some good news. Don’t bank on it, but the possibility is there.

Be interesting to see what all clubs will do for their season ticket holders.

I bought a season ticket knowing there may be a good chance I'd only be at a handful of games throughout the season although expected (hoped maybe) that would be more than the two I managed to get to! I know not everyone is able to in these times but I won't be asking for any part-refund or money off a season ticket for next season, happy for the club to keep it all. In fact if I'd known the credit agency was going to muck us around I would've payed in cash.

I'll also say being able to see those two games and being able to briefly chat to my friends in person for the first and only time since last year was worth every penny of the season ticket to me.

I do t disagree and I have 2, but I know that’s what they are going to say

I only saw 20 minutes of the comeback v Scunthorpe because I had a call to leave the Hall as my Mother had deteriorated in hospital. She died and I was in isolation, so missed the Grimsby game as well. But I won't be asking for, or expecting, any sort of refund.

It's not the clubs fault, they have had to pay all the wages etc., and we should have all known the risks of buying a ticket. I did so not knowing whether or not I'd see any games, or even if the club would survive.

I was happy to let the club keep last years surplus and will happily purchase another season ticket next season.

I take the view that I am paying to help keep my club afloat so that when I can get to the games, there is a team to watch on the pitch.

With apologies if this is coming across as a bit self righteous, but when it comes to SUFC I do feel it's more a case of what I can give rather than what can the club do for me. It's in my blood, it's the longest relationship I've had in my life (other than with my Mother). I'm not going to be a tight arse in it's hour of need.

I need it to be there.

Not yet, and I agree it’s not likely but we are working on plans to accelerate the vaccine rollout as I say - and there remains a smidgen of hope that this might lead to some good news. Don’t bank on it, but the possibility is there.

i agree, I actually think there is a reasonable, albeit slight chance we may get a couple of games in. The dates released are surely worst case scenario, although they may not be saying that right now.

That said, I also think we won’t be relegated.

I only saw 20 minutes of the comeback v Scunthorpe because I had a call to leave the Hall as my Mother had deteriorated in hospital. She died and I was in isolation, so missed the Grimsby game as well. But I won't be asking for, or expecting, any sort of refund.

It's not the clubs fault, they have had to pay all the wages etc., and we should have all known the risks of buying a ticket. I did so not knowing whether or not I'd see any games, or even if the club would survive.

I was happy to let the club keep last years surplus and will happily purchase another season ticket next season.

I take the view that I am paying to help keep my club afloat so that when I can get to the games, there is a team to watch on the pitch.

With apologies if this is coming across as a bit self righteous, but when it comes to SUFC I do feel it's more a case of what I can give rather than what can the club do for me. It's in my blood, it's the longest relationship I've had in my life (other than with my Mother). I'm not going to be a tight arse in it's hour of need.

I need it to be there.

I genuinely take my hat off to you and may well end up following suit. But when I see the money the club has wasted on useless managers and players taking us for a ride, I sometimes think otherwise.

Regardless, I don’t suppose it will be my choice.

Back