• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans (so called) slagging off our own players

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
I sit in the West stand, but my son and friends sit in the South Upper.

All commented in the car on the way home about three guys who spent 75 minutes slagging off our own players (who could easily hear what was being said) and then left.

If they are here on this forum I would like to ask them; why the hell do you bother to go to the game if all they want to do is demoralise our own players?

Yes we were crap today, we all know it including the palyers, but why not just get off the players backs and try to motivate them instaed rather than making it worse?

Plus there were two idiots who were hurling racial abuse at the black players, and I think you morons should be ashamed of yourselves and banned for life!!

Rant over

TBF I booed at the end , but i didnt slag the team off during the game as there is no need.

people at Roots Halll used to moan when we were in the CCC playing big clubs in a packed stadium - a lot of people told me the manager wasn't all that and all our players were idiots -

I am sort of happy that things have worked out for the moaners how they like it

All commented in the car on the way home about three guys who spent 75 minutes slagging off our own players (who could easily hear what was being said) and then left.

If they are here on this forum I would like to ask them; why the hell do you bother to go to the game if all they want to do is demoralise our own players?

Yes we were crap today, we all know it including the palyers, but why not just get off the players backs and try to motivate them instaed rather than making it worse?

Plus there were two idiots who were hurling racial abuse at the black players, and I think you morons should be ashamed of yourselves and banned for life!!

Rant over

Did u ask the guys in person? you might have got an answer to your questions? also why dont u sit with your own kids?

I changed seats and am now in the middle west stand and had to listen to one "Prat" totally lambasting all and sundry yelling out "same old crap, sturrock...Your fecking clueless...pot, kettle and black came to mind.

Rant over

Welcome to the delights of supporting SUFC. Even in the "glory days" we still had the idiots slagging off Tilson, Gower, Eastwood, Barny etc. Guess what these crap players are playing a higher level today!

I might have a mutter to myself, but generally I keep my opinions myself until out of earshot of the players.

Did u ask the guys in person? you might have got an answer to your questions? also why dont u sit with your own kids?

Sorry but you didn't read my post properly, I was in the West, they were in the East!

He prefers the South and hates the posts in the West, I can't stand the South and have been going to the West for too long to want to change..

I was sitting in front of some right dicks in the South Upper. Sounded like their first game of the season, but they were laying into Sturrock and most of the players (who of course they knew the nicknames of - "YOU'RE USELESS NO.15!!!! NO.10 A LOAD OF TOILET!!!! BRING BACK TILSON!!"

I had enough in the end when they shouted out "CRAP NO.15!!" when Corr missed his head and shouted "IT WAS NUMBER 10 FOR CHRIST SAKE" which soon had them mumbling "er yes... 10, quite".

So annoying... they bollocksed on about Cricket for 40 mins.

Not put my thoughts up yet as theres not many, but I fear Sturrock has already lost the crowd and its only gonna get worse before it gets any better.

As i said on another thread tonight some of the south upper were making donkey noises at our players, so an appeal to all real supporters give them some advice next match "IF YOU ARE NOT HERE TO SUPPORT THE TEAM PLEASE DO NOT COME AGAIN" Bet our players love playing at home aready

I was sitting in front of some right dicks in the South Upper. Sounded like their first game of the season, but they were laying into Sturrock and most of the players (who of course they knew the nicknames of - "YOU'RE USELESS NO.15!!!! NO.10 A LOAD OF TOILET!!!! BRING BACK TILSON!!"

They were probably making those remarks because the players we currently have are toilet and we were much better under Tilson!

They were probably making those remarks because the players we currently have are toilet and we were much better under Tilson!

its early daze, too early to judge, Tilson left his subs too late - RM saved the club - Stirrip is great at this level blah bblah blah blah

or you might be 100% right

Shouldn't the "so called" in the title of this thread be after the word players rather than fans.

Unfortunately football has and always will attract negative morons who obviously don't have any influence or self esteem in their own lives and therefore have to make themselves feel big by yelling abuse at a bunch of young lads trying to play football. I'm sure the players realize these people are simple and ignore them.

The nature of our squad at the moment is symptomatic of what's going on at our club behind the scenes. I haven't gone to Roots Hall for nearly two years as I don't want my money to be going into that clown's coffers and won't be going for the foreseeable future.

People have a right to be ****ed off with what's happening but imo voting with one's feet is more effective than slagging the players off.

I had enough in the end when they shouted out "CRAP NO.15!!" when Corr missed his head and shouted "IT WAS NUMBER 10 FOR CHRIST SAKE" which soon had them mumbling "er yes... 10, quite".

So annoying... they bollocksed on about Cricket for 40 mins.

Not put my thoughts up yet as theres not many, but I fear Sturrock has already lost the crowd and its only gonna get worse before it gets any better.

Unfortunately this is exactly the problem with our beloved Chairman not paying the staff and almost running the club into the ground.

I think that nearly, if not all, of the players forced out of the club have signed for higher level clubs ( despite Martin's comments when he drove them away ) and have been replaces by inferior quality footballers to suit Martin's policy of not paying decent wages --- oops, I forgot the wages cap---- and as a result some fans are not prepared to give the players time to gel or even put up with the lower standard that we have taken on.

Pay peanuts --- need I say more ?

But what is done is done.

This is the situation we find ourselves in, whatever the reasons. I think a lot of us knew that the first dodgy performance was gonna see the 'bring tilson back' brigade surface, it's not going to help the club and will just cause more bad feeling.

Tilson isn't coming back and on paper we have probably the best management duo we could have hoped to attract in the circrumstances. You just cannot bring in 21 players and a) know what team you want straight away and b) expect them all the gel immediately.

It's going to need patience from the fans and I fear many of the fans of sufc are extremely intolerant and dare i say ignorant a lot if the time to events on and off the pitch, so I fear sturrock will be hounded out pretty quickly and then we WILL be in trouble.

Unfortunately this is exactly the problem with our beloved Chairman not paying the staff and almost running the club into the ground.

I think that nearly, if not all, of the players forced out of the club have signed for higher level clubs ( despite Martin's comments when he drove them away ) and have been replaces by inferior quality footballers to suit Martin's policy of not paying decent wages --- oops, I forgot the wages cap---- and as a result some fans are not prepared to give the players time to gel or even put up with the lower standard that we have taken on.

Pay peanuts --- need I say more ?

Back