• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silencer

Director
I personally respect the appearances of Sturrock/Coughlan or whoever this Cluneimore character was during the course of the season, however what I would say is that the appearances only seemed to be aimed at fans who were moaning whilst the team was winning.

When things started to go wrong, Cluneimore went hiding. It is easy to pick at fans when it is going well or accuse the home fans of being negative and quiet at Roots Hall but realistically, do you blame them watching the football we have produced alongside the poor results in 2012.

True, many of us could handle the terrible excuse for football whilst we was winning, but it's not fair to expect people to turn up to watch this awful style of football when we are displaying relegation form. Even more so when you have a squad boasting such attacking riches of Eastwood, Harris, Hall, Martin, Dickinson, Mohsni, Benyon etc

Cluneimore and Sturrock justified this 'hoofball' or 'Direct' style of football by backing it up with stats. Yes, we were in the top two, yes we were top scorers, we had the most shots, most corners etc etc But since then, what has happened? If you use the same stats, we have lost the plot. Aldershot away for example, we didn't have a shot on target all night.

So I ask, what has gone wrong? Why did the club make all those signings in January and hardly play any of the players regularly? How will we stop the play off's from being anything other than a two legged loss? And most importantly, we have all heard how the club 'had to' get promotion and how we 'really went for it' with our signings. Have we gone beyond our budget to acheive promotion this year?

I am worried, frustrated and annoyed...please can you give us your views as to where it has all gone wrong? It can't be the fact that Tara Brady left......or can it??

Your response would be appreciated

P.S This is not a witch hunt, I like every other Southend fan wants success for our club.

To think people used to slate Barry Fry for his wheeling and dealing and oversized squad, todays debacle almost makes old Bazza look like he knew what he was doing..........this is beyond a joke now.

In response to the topic I think I remember Clunimore saying he/she was quitting the zone a couple of months ago.

Yup when the going gets tough etc etc .

Wish he'd quit the club, refuses to try and win a football match. How he can leave footballers Martin and Sawyer out is a disgrace. He's been very lucky, boring and mediocre, time to get in Paul Clarke!

Wish he'd quit the club, refuses to try and win a football match. How he can leave footballers Martin and Sawyer out is a disgrace. He's been very lucky, boring and mediocre, time to get in Paul Clarke!

Paul Clarke the man who has been out of football for ten thousand years, yes thats right!

Saying some obvious tactical stuff on the radio is one thing!

Some people are really really embarrassing! Sure you can have your opinion, but this is mine and I think most of what you say is completely ridiculous!

Yeah, Sawyer who has had a shed load of chances and is unable to produce it on a regular basis! I don't actua;ly think Clarky is interested, why would he be?

Paul Clarke the man who has been out of football for ten thousand years, yes thats right!

Saying some obvious tactical stuff on the radio is one thing!

Some people are really really embarrassing! Sure you can have your opinion, but this is mine and I think most of what you say is completely ridiculous!

....and amazingly you are still so blinkered that you think Paul Sturrock plays good entertaining winning football, are you related in some way?

....and amazingly you are still so blinkered that you think Paul Sturrock plays good entertaining winning football, are you related in some way?

I don't think anyone thinks that, more a case of dogged and determined and what is exactly what is needed to get out of this God awful division.

Yeah, Sawyer who has had a shed load of chances and is unable to produce it on a regular basis! I don't actua;ly think Clarky is interested, why would he be?
He does produce it on very limited chances but unfortunately you and the bloke in charge prefer to go backwards, hence us falling away due to forwards never having any service. We beat 10 men Chelts due to goalkeeping mistakes. Freddy, Bilel, Rooney, wouldn't matter who was upfront playing for Sturrock he plays very negative, outdated rubbish football!

Wiggarinho
I didn't say that!
Why would you sack the man who has saved the club? Why would you sack a manager who can get you promoted? Why just why?

1. Two wingers wouldn't work
2. Whilst I rate Sawyer he hasn't done much has he?
3. I thought you were against fans having favourite players!

Everything you say is just so mad, I don't know If it's because you are so emotional but just have a nice bath or something!

Your wigarama is just mad!

I don't think anyone thinks that, more a case of dogged and determined and what is exactly what is needed to get out of this God awful division.

...god awful division another myth. Any team around us plays better football than the negative trash served up at Roots Hall, get over it!

Wiggarinho
I didn't say that!
Why would you sack the man who has saved the club? Why would you sack a manager who can get you promoted? Why just why?

1. Two wingers wouldn't work
2. Whilst I rate Sawyer he hasn't done much has he?
3. I thought you were against fans having favourite players!

Everything you say is just so mad, I don't know If it's because you are so emotional but just have a nice bath or something!

Your wigarama is just mad!
Aftershocks aye, explains it all!

He does produce it on very limited chances but unfortunately you and the bloke in charge prefer to go backwards, hence us falling away due to forwards never having any service. We beat 10 men Chelts due to goalkeeping mistakes. Freddy, Bilel, Rooney, wouldn't matter who was upfront playing for Sturrock he plays very negative, outdated rubbish football!
You are so wrong. I think you and Chemico must be blood related as you are both so besotted with Sawyer. Cheltenham's GK did not gift us 4 goals, the goals were not all down to the GK so again, you are wrong. Strange really, how you fail to see the inadequacies of your favourites but are so quick to criticise others. I agree that tactics were negative today, they have been in most of our away games and I think the boss needs to look at himself for that but that is ALL I will criticise. Honestly, some people want to take a deep breath and think before they comment!

On the radio today I kept hearing "and the ball goes over the head of Eastwood/Benyon" (admittedly more Eastwood than Benyon) when we all know Eastwood needs the ball to his feet to be effective.

Either change the style of play or only use tall players who are good in the air up front.

On the radio today I kept hearing "and the ball goes over the head of Eastwood/Benyon" (admittedly more Eastwood than Benyon) when we all know Eastwood needs the ball to his feet to be effective.

Either change the style of play or only use tall players who are good in the air up front.
Yep, and therein lies the problem.

In your opinion, I don't think Swindon fans would agree with you, pity we can't get you a free transfer

Back