• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FAO : Ron Martin

Thistle fans half club's debt

Quite an interesting sotry this & similar to a suggestion I advocated in all the furore about the tax bill last week. Like I said then, I'd wager there are at least 5 or 6 Shrimpers out there (maybe not posting on SZ!!!) who could stump up say £100k each in a similar kind of deal.

or even 5 - 6,000 who'd stump up £100 for a "bond" entitling them to £100 off their first 2 ST's at the new ground...?

Exactly, see even in "these challenging financial times (c) every single BBC/C4 lifestyle show", there are ways and means to work around a problem.

The problem seems to be that we are losing money year on year. IIRC RM intimated that another significant loss would be posted for the YE to 31/7/09. So the only way forward is to increase the revenue streams, which is seemingly being delayed , or to cut costs.

Would supporters be overly impressed to have stumped up money (especially for a tickets in a new ground which does not seem to be moving any closer) to clear a debt , only for either the problem to re-surface the next year or for the club to then slash wages and costs resulting in a weakened squad and possible relegation ?

Personally the only way , I feel that to maintain our current league position without RM's vision of FF / RH redevelopment etc, we would need an immediate injection of at least a million , and probably the same again each year something can be done to increase or income. (Promotion will only increase both income and expenditure , we only made a profit in our Championship year because of the Freddy sale)

I wouldnt dream of 'giving' Mr Martin another penny. I already (reluctantly) pay for my season 'up front' before the end of the previous season.
Last year it was 'the share issue', this year we were asked for £200 now (to be taken off next years season ticket) so that we could be entered in a draw for an unsold hospitality box. Not sure what take-up there was, but surely come next season these '200's' will mean we are even more short!
When I started running my small business I was told one of the unwritten rules were to "keep the IR and Customs happy".

I wouldnt dream of 'giving' Mr Martin another penny. I already (reluctantly) pay for my season 'up front' before the end of the previous season.
Last year it was 'the share issue', this year we were asked for £200 now (to be taken off next years season ticket) so that we could be entered in a draw for an unsold hospitality box. Not sure what take-up there was, but surely come next season these '200's' will mean we are even more short!
When I started running my small business I was told one of the unwritten rules were to "keep the IR and Customs happy".

Good job they've merged then!

anyone know who won the box in that draw?

or even 5 - 6,000 who'd stump up £100 for a "bond" entitling them to £100 off their first 2 ST's at the new ground...?

Are there any examples of something similar being organised through the Supporters Club Trust , who in turn elect a representative to sit on the Club Board ?

...which will pay this years VAT bill, but then how do we pay next years, the year after that, and the year after that. This is why the new stadium is essential, as we need non football revenue streams not to buy new players, but just to survive!

Back