• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
I was chatting to mates down the pub and footballing father + sons came up... i reckon the Blues have had more than most in recent years .... i can think straight away of a few .... anyone got any others ?

Blair + Paul Sturrock
Danny + Dave Webb
Gavin + Gordon Strachan
Dominic + Dominic Iorfa
Danny + Jimmy Greaves
Tom + Joe jordan

scott + archi gemmil
jamie + harry rednapp

frank jnr +frank lampard

and the best one dalian + ron atkinson

So we're not doing just ones that have played for us then, as I must have missed the match when Johann Cryff ran out onto Roots Hall...:nope:

Dougie Wright and Jocky Wright.
Dougie Wright was a young star of the 1930s who we sold to Newcastle in 1938. I remember reading that Jocky Wright his father and a life time friend of Bob Jack our first manager who was one of Bob Jack's first signings, David Jack, Bob Jack's son and Blues manager at the time (captain of England, first scorer at Wembley, Southend school boy and Bolton & Arsenal legend), Bob Jack who had retired from being Plymouth's best ever manager and was living in Southend to help his son and Jimmy Nelson the former captain of Newcastle (captained their 1932 cup winning team and then joined Blues), stitched it all up over a pint or 2 in the Golden Lion where Jimmy Nelson who had retired from football was licensee.

The best ever is the Pakistan Cricketing father and son...............Miandad !! I'll get my coat....

How about the infamous Alvin Martin and his son Dave Martin . No not that Dave Martin.... -- or that one ..... the OTHER one .

Tommy and Michael Black
Jae and Jay Smith
Dominic Iorfa and Dominic Iorfa (seriously)

Blimey, Michael must have been about 2 when he fathered Tommy.

Who the hell was Jae Smith?

Is Dominic Iorfa related to the Dominic Iorfa mentioned earlier in the thread?

So we're not doing just ones that have played for us then, as I must have missed the match when Johann Cryff ran out onto Roots Hall...:nope:

His son Jordi played for Espanyol for a couple of seasons.He was crap.Johann had his house robbed the other week, while away in Mexico.
In other news, Espanyol lost 0-3 at home to Ossasuna On Saturday.:sad:

Back