• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite shop to visit.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
In the 80s it used to be Dixons and Computerama were I got to play on computers but these days it has to be Decathlon in Lakeside.

I popped in with the kids yesterday to pick up a few presents for my nephews and managed to fit in a bit of boxing, scooting, football, darts, archery, hula hooping and weightlifting.

If they did cheap hot dogs like IKEA it would be perfect.

That old electrical shop that was near Sancto. It was like a junk-shop tardis. Also Sancto.

Least favourite - Natural Edge

Least favourite - Natural Edge

Good shout.

It should be called Unnatural Prices.

It's always full of the type of locals that think Leigh is up there with Monte Carlo for luxury living and should probably be on the Grand Prix circuit as well.

In the '80s Honky Tonk in Southchurch Road and Adrians in Wickford.

These days I avoid shops like the plague and do everything online. I hate people, and the less contact I have with them the better. I truly love internet shopping.

In the '80s Honky Tonk in Southchurch Road and Adrians in Wickford.

These days I avoid shops like the plague and do everything online. I hate people, and the less contact I have with them the better. I truly love internet shopping.

If you don't like having a lot of people around you, can I suggest the Col Ewe home end. It's possible you would be on your own there.

If you don't like having a lot of people around you, can I suggest the Col Ewe home end. It's possible you would be on your own there.
Ha - yes, they should be my ideal club really. But I'd rather sit amongst 5-6,000 (relatively) normal people every other week than a few hundred of that lot. :COL U:

The Bose retail outlet on the few occasions I'm made to drive to Braintree Freeport. I always find it very therapeutic. Failing that, any Rayleigh Hifi branch.

As a young kid, it had to be the annual family Christmas Visit to Hamleys on Regent Street.
These days I quite enjoy having a mooch around Maplin, purchasing all the electronic cr*p that I never knew existed, yet manage to convince myself that it's miracle I made it so far through life without it.... either that or it gets placed in the "man drawer" safe in the knowledge that one day it will be of some use.

My least favourite has to be TK Max - im convinced their company policy is to unload their deliveries frrom the lorry & then proceed to just dump it on the shop floor, in order to save time putting them on hangers and in the hope that the customers might do it for them.

Used to be HMV/Tower Records/Virgin/Rough Trade/Forbidden Planet now like Supernaut, I avoid the shops like a dose of Ebola. Hate it.

Apart from Tesco, Aldi & Lidl. Oh the joys of middle age :sad:

Another vote for Maplin, although failing that I love Cotswold, and when I'm in Keswick I love a mooch around George Fisher, especially as they have a fantastic coffee shop as well.

Local to home, I really love our local grocer!

I like bookshops and although it is hardly a plucky little indie, Waterstone's is an oasis of calm in the ****pot that it is Camden High road.

In the mid 1960s there was a great little toy shop in the parade on Woodgrange Drive. A boy at school, Porters Grange was the grandson of the lady that ran it and my brothers and me got our airfix kits cheap.

Favourites from the past, Downtown records Billericay, Fenchurch Records and Harlequin opp Liverpool st.
Julian Sopers on London Road and BikeWise.

I hate Lush.

Rayleigh Hi FI- Rayleigh ( i still have my Rega Planar 3 -27 years old, and Audiolab 8000A 26 years old) , Jarvins- toy shop in Hullbridge, excellecent selection of Airfix soldiers, record shop in Victoria cricus (or do I have the location wrong). Field and Trek Brentwood for 'proper ' camping stuff before they came part of Sports Direct

Now love Aldi for the bargins, and the ' bootfair ' part of it in that you never know what is going to be specials for that week . Now buy as much as possible from ebay - although now days there is so much choice it can make buying almost anything that much more difficut as I ponder over the pros/cons of another 10 products !

The record museum in Warrior Square and for some reason the kitchen reject shop in the high st. There is nothing in the high st that interests me now.

Spoils? You got some decent bargains in there plus there was a good cafe.

I used to love Keddies, all those different departments and different levels. Now, if I have time, then I love to browse in either Paperchase or a good book shop.

Back