• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite Sport:

• Football

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • Cricket

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Rugby

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Boxing

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Golf

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Tennis

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Snooker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please say

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters

Reading Shrimper

First XI
OK - quite simple this one, really. Which sport do you most enjoy to watch - whether live or televised. For many of you this will be football, understandably - but if it's a close second or joint favourite please say.
For me, it's Boxing - I've been a boxing fan longer than a football fan, something my dad got me into at an early age. I grew up watching Bruno and Eubank, and following the career of personal favourite Lennox Lewis through my teenage years. Though the sport isn't quite as exciting as it once was, due to a lack of real quality fighters, there is still nothing that quite matches the thrill of two boxers face-to-face for a big title fight. As much as I love SUFC and the excitement of football, it's a close second to a really great boxing match.

Since Sky have done a job on it I really like watching Darts these days.

As a TV sport Boxing is way off what it used to be. Without looking it up I couldnt tell you any current world champs. Back in the day, there was Ali, Foreman, Frazier.....Minter, Hagler, Antafermo...... Benn, Eubank, Collins, McQuigan, Stracy....Leonard, Hearns, Duran and even Dave Green.

Maybe the lack of regular TV coverage has taken the spotlight off it but the boxers dont seem to be as good these days.

Anyone remember Noel Quarless fights on ITV on Thursday nights?

Football for me but my joint favourite is darts.

Prior to the tragic death of Aytron Senna my favourite sport was F1 but the introduction of the safety measures that followed pretty much killed all the excitement for me. For anyone who argues that it's still an exciting spectator sport, dig out yer old late 70s/early 80s season reviews on VHS and see if you still feel that way.

Football, Snooker and Rugby are the only sports i really follow. Not that fussed about Cricket although i do have a slight interest. That's about it. Used to be really into sport and used to watch almost everything on tv, but now i find most other sports a bit boring to be honest.

Football, simply because i've spent 21 years watching it and nothing makes me feel like I do on match days or when there's an important game.

Cricket second, i think it's a much underrated sport, many people can't seem to understand why a game lasts 5 days....because it just does! I love the tension between batsman and the fielding team, the shots batsman play is aesthetically and technically brilliant.

Also like Snooker, Pool and darts (occasionally).

Football for me ..then Cricket...and lastly that very underated Sport....

"Hide the Sausage":p

Somebody has voted Tennis as their favourite sport...

Prefer to watch football mainly, but voted other here so that the honourable sport of Badminton gets a mention. Totaly first class to watch a fast-paced game on the tv, even better to watch live.

As a young free single man with plenty of time on my hands I used to watch any sport going - I even allowed myself to get reeled in by fish-o-mania once. These days with a house and family I really don't have the time for anything except football - and rugby internationals...

Cycling for me, the decent Tour this year plus additional time on my hands has encouraged me to get back on my bike, hopefully I can get fit enough to race successfully again in the near future.

Also as Mike said, got back into speedway over the past few months too.

Back