• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Match 7

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 67 (Maiden). Sloe Balls: 112-7, runrate=1.67 (1st Inn: 46-10)
Trail by 241 runs. (Southend United 177-10 & 222-10)
Overs left today: 75
Walker 16-5-29-3
Newton* 0 (6 balls)
Naidoo 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Noon lbw b. Walker 0 (FOW: 112/7)
66.6 W Walker to Noon
Rapped on the pads dead in front. Beaten for pace there and the appeal is a formality.

BILLERICAY BLUE said:
Low-scoring game at my place, but we should be able to chase this down.....
Famous last words....

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Pboranjing CC

BATTY SHRIMPERS have resumed their innings.

Pitch: Slow

End of Over 45 (1 runs). BATTY SHRIMPERS: 127-10, runrate=2.82 (1st Inn: 177-10)
Trail by 22 runs. (Pboranjing CC 179-10 & 147-10)
Overs remaining today: 69
Zibonele 10-4-9-6
Lindop* 14 (29 balls)
Last Wicket: Begg c. Walters b. Zibonele 0 (FOW: 127/10)

I thought that was a bit of a bold statement to make given the way the wickets had been falling!! Still, all helps with the camping.....

Need a few wickets else this'll slip off into a draw...

End of Over 29 (11 runs). Sterton: 71-2, runrate=2.45 (1st Inn: 129-10)
Trail by 256 runs. (Deleven 199-10 & 257-10)
Overs left today: 69

MrB said:
I thought that was a bit of a bold statement to make given the way the wickets had been falling!! Still, all helps with the camping.....
Camping ! Too many more games like that, and we'll be relegated :thumbdown:

Think I was a bit hard-done by considering the ratings....

BATTY SHRIMPERS Pboranjing CC
Top Order: elite masterful
Middle Order: masterful exquisite
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: phenomenal sensational
Spin Bowling: masterful sensational
Fielding: feeble remarkable

Should be a cakewalk for you next season! You will almost certainly have a bot or similar relegating and the other two human managers will both turn bot shortly.

Looking good.

End of Over 54 (1 run). Southend: 163-3, runrate=3.02 (1st Inn: 146-10)
Trail by 4 runs. (Angband Town 101-10 & 212-10)
Overs left today: 52
Calcutt 18-7-33-1
Tsietsi* 11 (26 balls)
Dowe 69 (146 balls)
Last Wicket: Davenport lbw b. Calcutt 17 (FOW: 141/3)

I love the commentary :smile:

45.1 . Arthurton to Sykes
Oh dear, Hibbert has dropped a dolly. The slog sweep went straight down his throat and popped out at the last moment. This could turn out to haunt

whilst at 101-9 needing a further 226! That would be a haunting, it's be a full on rising of the dead!

Should be a cakewalk for you next season! You will almost certainly have a bot or similar relegating and the other two human managers will both turn bot shortly.

To be honest I'm just gutted that I started so late. Most of my dropped points were as a bot. Having said that, this is the first game I'll have won (short of a disaster) against non-Bot opposition. Been hammered once, and narrowly lost a couple of others.

Can't believe I didn't try this game ages back!

Seen the Gatley game Muse? Looked to be meandering to a draw but an aggressive declaration from SS has put things in the balance.

End of Over 24 (1 run). Gatley: 84-2, runrate=3.50 (1st Inn: 225-10)
Trail by 225 runs. (Seaside Special 356-10 & 178-4)
Overs left today: 52
Bancroft 8-2-21-0
Eckhoff* 33 (34 balls)
Sayce 24 (69 balls)

Last Wicket: Swartz c. Barnard b. Carty 3 (FOW: 30/2)

I reckon my new line up should be at least the match of Gatley now. Aside from Safiuddin their side isn't that special. I should be able to get at least a draw against him this time out as we've added phenomenal and miraculous bats and phenomenal bowler since our last meeting. If anything I'll be looking to beat him which should clear your way to the title.

However, if SS win this match I could be relegated anyway.

To be honest I'm just gutted that I started so late. Most of my dropped points were as a bot. Having said that, this is the first game I'll have won (short of a disaster) against non-Bot opposition. Been hammered once, and narrowly lost a couple of others.

Can't believe I didn't try this game ages back!
Getting promoted in your first season isn't always the best thing. It's not that exciting but a season against bots allows you to concentrate on developing your team and big innings from your 17yo's will help to build their experience quicker.

Not sure what training policy you've adopted but if I started again now I'd get 6 players in, 2 batsmen, 3 bowlers and a WK or All Rounder and use 7 primary nets on them, with the other three used as stamina or fielding nets to rotate round them.

I went for 3 batting, 3 bowling, a keeping, 2 fielding, and a stamina. Replaced all but one 17yo bowler, and a couple of 30yo batsmen from the original squad. I've bought in a senior opener, 32, rating about 10,000, a couple of other mid age ones, and got some great kids (17-18, good ratings, and good across batting/concentration, or bowling/stamina/consistency).

Also expanded the ground, as I started getting sell out crowds. Still getting my initial 50k per week, but making money on top of that, so all seems ok at the moment

And that's the end of the match. Deleven won by 211 runs.

End of Over 52 (Maiden). Sterton: 116-10, runrate=2.23 (1st Inn: 129-10)
Trail by 211 runs. (Deleven 199-10 & 257-10)
Overs left today: 46

I've just done my maths for next season and with my new wage bill and assuming gate receipts and a cup run that match this season I'm going to make a net loss of £5.8m :unsure:

To negate that I can use:
  • Prize Money
  • YP proceeds
  • Profit through nets

Prize money last season was £1.8m, the majority of which came from FC. Should be able to exceed that this season if I can stay up in FC. Can't guarantee anything from YP's so it's going to be down to use of nets. On the basis of my calculations from the other thread you can make about £30k profit pw from a net at the very least. I'll have 7 nets spare to use on non first teamers next season so assuming 7 x 16 x 30,000 that's £3.36m. Throw in the prize money and hopefully increased attendances and I reckon we can just about break even.

That's the theory anyway. Weekly wage £880k now :punch:

Gatley look set to lose so Muse will go top and I'll have a yawning chasm up to 4th place. Suspect I'll need to win at least 2 of my remaining games, probably all three (which isn't promising as I have to play the top 3).

Those two defeats against Angband have cost me big time.

When you calculate your profit through nets, do you include the cost of the coaches, or just the divide the profit by the number of nets used?

When you calculate your profit through nets, do you include the cost of the coaches, or just the divide the profit by the number of nets used?
I don't include coaches so the true profit is actually much lower, however the coaching cost is already in the overall total as a 'fixed cost' anyway.

But yes, when you throw in the £25k pw the coaches actually cost then the 'true' profit is minimal. With a more selective training regime you should be able to up that profit per net but it requires a lot of transfer market scouring.

Have a look at the little summary I did on the Transfer thread. I think you want to be looking at £40k per net minimum if you're going to do it properly.

Back