• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Match 8

MrB

Life President
ShrimperZone CC v Hubbards Hills CC

Despite having barely left the house for 2 weeks and making sure I got up in time to do it, I forgot to set orders for this one and as usual the week you forget to set orders is the one after you've sold a player. So we'll have a mystery guest bowling at No. 5. Odds of it being Gustav? Not high I would guess! Even one of the trainee bowlers will do.

Anyway, Hubbards played in the Cup Semi Final on Sunday and are pretty much relegated so hopefully they'll be throwing the game like they have been in FC recently. Got to decide whether to take it to 3 days or rest for Gatley on Friday. Rest is probably better.

Important match for the first time in ages. Should still win it though as long as it doesnt go to a draw which the conditions are favouring. 2 early wickets but they seemed to have steadied the ship a bit now.

End of Over 24 (2 runs). Ferndown Wayfarers: 59-2, runrate=2.46
Overs left today: 86
Ehsan3-0-7-0
Mcewan*14 (37 balls)
Lees26 (50 balls)
Last Wicket: Anderson c. Howell b. Jagger 8 (FOW: 21/2)

Fortunately Gustav was picked as bowler 5 which was a bit lucky!

5 batsmen to get past and then it's reserves.

End of Over 27 (4 runs). Hubbards Hills CC: 78-2, runrate=2.89
Overs left today: 83
Marriott 6-1-17-1
Ward* 8 (24 balls)
Van-geersdaele 32 (75 balls)
Last Wicket: Wilkey b. Marriott 38 (FOW: 61/2)

very glad i logged on last night- changed toss to bowl, green pitch and PC + H weather. bowled oppo out for 80 this morning, usually have very close games with these guys, so a great start (dependent on how quickly his 150k FM rips through us). positive start to our innings...

End of Over 7 (7 runs). Pettefershire CCC: 30-0, runrate=4.29
Trail by 50 runs. (Sachin's Stars 80-10)
Overs left today: 63
Lonergan 4-0-25-0
Horsfield* 15 (23 balls)
Sookram 12 (19 balls)

That's an end opened. Though judging by how long it's taken we may end up with our third days takings anyway.

End of Over 65 (1 run). Hubbards Hills CC: 164-4, runrate=2.52
Overs left today: 45
Graham 9-3-23-2
Coates* 1 (3 balls)
Beard 37 (114 balls)
Last Wicket: Ward c. Gustav b. Graham 40 (FOW: 162/4)

End of Over 70 (12 runs). Napster's XI: 346-3, runrate=4.94
Lead by 330 runs. (catford lions 16-10)
Overs left today: 15
Swain 10-0-65-0
Atherton* 31 (107 balls)
Jefferson 201 (193 balls)
Last Wicket: Fisher b. Sifiso 2 (FOW: 244/3)

69.6 6 Swain to Jefferson
Amazing shot by Jefferson. He takes one firm step up the pitch, frees his arms, and smashes the ball low and hard over long off.
A double century. Very good innings this.

185-0 against their duffers in reply to 182, will declare at 450 to get the 3rd days takings.

just missed the second battig point, but a handy lead.

End of Over 2 (1 run). Sachin's Stars: 4-0, runrate=2.00 (1st Inn: 80-10)
Trail by 151 runs. (Pettefershire CCC 235-10)
Overs left today: 88
Devine 1-0-1-0
Abraham* 4 (7 balls)
Ryan 0 (5 balls)

Lots of PFL being burnt here. They've upped the pace so my 450 declaration might not be enough to force a third day. Though HHH has been rested from bowling duties for today.

End of Over 57 (3 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 390-0, runrate=6.84
Lead by 202 runs. (Hubbards Hills CC 188-10)
Overs left today: 81
Blewett 14-0-100-0
Sinethemba* 196 (162 balls)
Lamey 183 (184 balls)

Its hard to believe Leyshan has never taken a five wicket haul in FC cricket before this match!

End of thier first innings..
End of Over 37 (Maiden). Grolsch Guerillas: 23-10, runrate=0.62
Trail by 480 runs. (N-Trance shire 503-5)
Overs left today: 99
Leyshan 15-9-9-7

Part way through thier second innings..
End of Over 28 (Maiden, 2lb). Grolsch Guerillas: 38-8, runrate=1.36 (1st Inn: 23-10)
Trail by 442 runs. (N-Trance shire 503-5)
Overs left today: 71
Leyshan 14-9-16-7

Just bought a player by accident :dunce:

Was looking about and clicked on a player, mouse pointer hovering near the bid button I did an involuntary click and hey presto, no more bids. Now have this chap for £4.8m. Not a disaster but I was hoping to get someone younger and his experience is a bit naff for his age.

Ghafoor Gulzar - 28 yo, BT Rating=134,588, Wage=£106,263
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and remarkable experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and changeable fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: miraculous Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: competent

I've done that before, but was thankfully outbid. In other transfer news, Raisani is going for a whopping 69k at the moment.

Looks like some tough oppo there Davros.

Happy bobbling around the lower reaches getting the odd easy victory when i could play much higher... call me Adam Le Fondre!

should wrap this up soon could be anywhere between 1st and 3rd tonight depending on other results.

End of Over 15 (Maiden). Pettefershire CCC: 73-0, runrate=4.87 (1st Inn: 235-10)
Trail by 17 runs. (Sachin's Stars 80-10 & 245-10)
Overs left today: 89
Flood 1-1-0-0
Horsfield* 31 (36 balls)
Sookram 41 (55 balls)

Won by an innings and 4 runs. With Muse losing to Parkway and Gatley v Angband looking like a draw I reckon we're safe for another season and can collect some vauable prize money.

Now to wait and see what Sandy and HHH sell for. We're two batsmen light at the moment, still bat to 8 but it's a quality at 7 and proficient at 8 and they don't really cut it at the top level! May have to invest in an old all rounder for a little while.

Back