• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Feeder club?

Nobby Snide

Can anyone remind me, but did we not sign a deal a couple of seasons ago with a Premiership club (Arsenal?) which basically made us a feeder club?

If that was the case, was all that scuppered after Kierra went back?
what about the deals with CD Javea and St.Pauli?

Was just thinking if there was any reserve team or youth team plyers they have that we could utilise to fill our gaps?

Also, are there any lower teams we could utilise in the same way..I suppose Gillingham for dumping our crap onto and Grays for unearthing gems spring to mind.

I know we have been farming our youth team out to clubs for first team experience, but are there any players out there we are over looking?

Can anyone remind me, but did we not sign a deal a couple of seasons ago with a Premiership club (Arsenal?) which basically made us a feeder club?

Was just thinking if there was any reserve team or youth team plyers they have that we could utilise to fill our gaps?

Also, are there any lower teams we could utilise in the same way..I suppose Gillingham for dumping our crap onto and Grays for unearthing gems spring to mind.

I know we have been farming our youth team out to clubs for first team experience, but are there any players out there we are over looking?

Yeovil spring to mind as a feeder club for us!

yea..and barnet too...

but I was thinking in long term progression...I know it would mean we run the risk of losing our best players upwards, but then we would also get the best of both worlds..Financial security and reccompence from players going to higher division team as well as the opportunity to develop players just a tad longer..ie any late developer.

I think that you will find that feeder clubs and side deals between league clubs is strictly forbidden by the League/Premiership, so officially we cannot have entered into such a deal. What we may have done is agreed to run the rule over any prospects that such clubs could send us, but this would be on a trial basis and therefore these palyers could not play in any league/cup games, only friendlies or reserve games with special clearance.

yea..thought it was ****.nal

i know..makes me hope we might find some new squad players

Back