• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Femi Orenuja to Everton

I should hope so.... Can't believe we big up all these youth and let them go to clubs and we lose them :(.

The lad would be better off staying here for a few more years, big move for a 15 year old.

I was looking forward to seeing him play for us and getting a reasonable fee. But obviously looks like none of them will occur ..

Obviously he would be better of staying here but its hard to prevent these youngsters from moving onto bigger and better things

Who are you to say that? Everton have one of the best and most productive youth development programmes in the country. Wayne Rooney, James Vaughan, Victor Anichebe and, in the future, Jose Baxter and Jack Rodwell, have all come through the ranks at Everton.

To say that he would "obviously" be better off with us is an extremely naive and ignorant statement.

Oh well, lets just hope there is a sizeable sell-on clause in the deal, or so much money after he plays so many games etc. Probably more likely than a big fee now.

Who are you to say that? Everton have one of the best and most productive youth development programmes in the country. Wayne Rooney, James Vaughan, Victor Anichebe and, in the future, Jose Baxter and Jack Rodwell, have all come through the ranks at Everton.

To say that he would "obviously" be better off with us is an extremely naive and ignorant statement.

"Naive" is possibly fair comment, but "ignorant"? Not sure that that comment was called for over a matter of opinion.

i was speaking to someone who is linked to the club on sunday about our youth prospects and he said that femi would end up at Man Utd or Everton.

I should hope so.... Can't believe we big up all these youth and let them go to clubs and we lose them :(.

Because it helps us get these players in the first place ... If this is true it will send a message to the kids out there that i) Southends development programme must be good if we keep sending players to Man U, Liverpool et al and ii) they won't stand in the way if a big club comes in

That'll be a hell of a commute to training for a 15 year old doing his GCSE's- South London to Merseyside what, twice a week plus matches....

We all knew this one was good from the off. Never a chance in hell of keeping someone like him. He wants to play at the highest level and who can blame him.

Let him go to Everton ? Why can't we swap him for one of their players ? Suggestions please.

err...along a similar theme and linking another thread - can't they have Peter Clarke back instead?

What does it say about Everton's youth development system if they produce defenders that don't mark their man, give away obvious pointless fouls and hoof the ball anywhere? Can't they talk to the lad and show him how he may end up if he goes to Everton...whereas if he stays at Southend he will be nurtured into a cultured footballer by our very own ST!

I have done a bit of research and fishing on this subject and this is what I have found out.

He has signed for Everton but will not join them untill he has finished his exams and WE WILL GET A FEE for him.

Back