• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Femi Orenuja to Everton

That's a shame. Just as we actually hear of him he leaves. Hopefully the deal is packed full of future clauses.

A question, mainly to Exiled as he'd no doubt be the best one to answer, how good is Julian Okai in comparison to Orenuja?

That's a shame. Just as we actually hear of him he leaves. Hopefully the deal is packed full of future clauses.

A question, mainly to Exiled as he'd no doubt be the best one to answer, how good is Julian Okai in comparison to Orenuja?

Femi's attitude is 10x better then Julian's and so his football ability. Also Femi's got better ability then Julian in my opinion.

To be honest, until I spoke to Ricky Duncan for the F.A. Youth Cup programme earlier this season, I hadn't heard of Orenuja! Okai made his debut 18 months ago at the end of our most successful Under-18s campaign in terms of League position (loising out in the title race on the last day of the season to QPR), and when you consider that he is still with the Under-16s this season, that shows how young and highly-rated he was then, and still is now.

Okai is just one of what I understand is an excellent batch of Under-16s. The first-year scholars this season have a lot of raw promise, and I believe that next year's first-years are potentially even better, with an abundance of pace and skill. Already Okai, Omar Foakes, Michael Ngoo and James Stevens have appeared for the Under-18s this term (which has a lot to do with the progression of Stuart O'Keefe and Justin Hazell towards the first-team, as well as their own ability), with Foakes also making a substitute appearance as a right-back in the Essex Senior Cup. There is also a young left-back, Teddy Nesbitt, who played in the Under-20s matches at Harlow Town and Norwich City in pre-season at the age of 14.

Nesbitt, Under-16 captain Keiron Harris, Okai, Stevens and Ngoo were all involved in the squad that won the Le Portel Cup in March last year, thrashing FC Copenhagen 7-0 and defeating AIK Stockholm 2-0 in the process.

You'll be able to read Ricky's thoughts on the youth department in 2008 and a look forward to 2009 in the official matchday programme on Boxing Day.

I have done a bit of research and fishing on this subject and this is what I have found out.

He has signed for Everton but will not join them untill he has finished his exams and WE WILL GET A FEE for him.

Did Femi tell you this on MSN Ricey?

Did Femi tell you this on MSN Ricey?

Nope Medi Abalimba did on Facebook :p

I will stop talking to players and getting info if it seems to bother people. Only reason I talk to them on facebook etc is to get info when something happens.

Just reading this thread back, Femi's actually leaving in the summer then? That's a shame, thought we had kept hold of him.

Obviously I'm not too downhearted, A) we get a fee, B) if Everton are snapping up our players it will do wonders for our reputation.

The only thing I can find on the internet is this.

david moyes was the first to complain when rooney left after there investment,the pot calling the kettle springs to mind.

Don't worry yet! Ricey said he was go for a curry after the game yesterday, but it didn't happen, so not all is lost yet!!!

:whistling:

I cant remember the exact figures Ron Martin quoted me but it was something on the lines of £30,000 for the signing. Another £50,000 if he makes a first team appearance and £3,000 each game he plays for them!

Back