• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ferdinand Again (sorry)

SUFCFARAWAY

I am led to believe that we are battling for Ferdinands signature with two other london based clubs. He is currently training with Watford. There was a fourth club involved but was based up north so he turned them stright down. He wants to play in the Essex/London region due to he wants to be close to his family.

This info is through a reliable source.

Yep us and two london based clubs. Althought he is training with Watford I am led to believe they aren't one of them. The 4th team came in a week ago but due to their location he said he wouldn't consider a move.

Looks like us, plus two of Brentford, Barnet, Woking, Welling, Erith & Belvedere and Orient... possibly a couple of others too

Cant see Brentford being interested - they have plenty of options up front.

E&B look the best bet for Les if you ask me

biggrin.gif

I like the fact that he says he's being realistic and looking to only play on if he believes he can do himself and whatever club justice. At least it doesn't sound like he's signing on for the "final paycheck" with no real interest/enthusiasm......course that's all well and good saying that on a sunny summer's afternoon to a reporter, will he still have the same ideal on a wet winter's evening at Huddersfield?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 22 2005,09:28)]This info is through a reliable source.
Ah, our favourite friend at the moment- the old 'reliable source'!

biggrin.gif

he is our new best mate on here

biggrin.gif

my source was through my 2nd cousin.

If there is any truth in this I hope the club look at how many games he has played over the past few seasons(Not Many - Always injured) and offer him a contract accordingly. Some sort of pay as you play kinda thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ July 22 2005,13:43)]If there is any truth in this I hope the club look at how many games he has played over the past few seasons(Not Many - Always injured) and offer him a contract accordingly. Some sort of pay as you play kinda thing.
I agree, but I also think that would lead to him rejecting us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ July 22 2005,13:43)]If there is any truth in this I hope the club look at how many games he has played over the past few seasons(Not Many - Always injured) and offer him a contract accordingly. Some sort of pay as you play kinda thing.
May not be able to do that and attract him, may have to just go fot the season contract, with the situation we find outrselves in, i feel we need to take the plunge.

Like I stated earlier, the best possible deal to attract Les to the Club would be a one years deal with the option to do his coaching badges with us when he retires ala Spencer Prior.

That way, he gets one more season out of the game thats treated him so well, and when he hangs his boots up he can give something back to it through coaching. Seems like the sensible thing to do if you ask me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ July 22 2005,14:12)]Prior at the end of the season is going to australia
I thought he was doing his coaching badges with us? Thats what was stated when he signed. Its also why before certain games last season, for example home to Mansfield, Prior took the warm up before the game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 22 2005,14:00)]
[b said:
May not be able to do that and attract him, may have to just go fot the season contract, with the situation we find outrselves in, i feel we need to take the plunge.
Guess it also depends on who Tilly might also have lined up. He says he wants two strikers. Les is the def possibility. The 2nd? who knows. Could consider Lawson as the other striker but do we really want Gray, Eastwood then Lawson who is still learning the game and Les who will be ideal cover but will not be able to play that regulary.

I can't say I'm thrilled at all about the possibility of signing Les Ferdinand. I'm actually hoping this one doesn't come off.

Back