• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

spoons

Manager
Went to the game at Burton yesterday looking forward to keeping the unbeaten run going.
The worst part of the day though was having to watch 2 apparently drunken idiots punching each other and scuffling in the Southend supporters end.
Claims were made by one offender that he had been upset about "Dorset Blues" chants. Only one mention of the fight on forum so thought I would seek others views.
Stewards reacted slowly as usual and the idiots were pulled apart and picked up after rolling around on the concrete steps. Police were involved and led one idiot out but not aware of any other action which was surprising given the police control box overlooks the away end.
Idiots like those can spoil the game for proper supporters and ruin the reputation of our travelling supporters.
Not sure if we still have Essex police at away games, but hopefully the idiots will be identified and banned from the club.
Anyone else ther who has a view?

I recognised one of them but not the other (the older one). Was he definitely Southend?

Those Dorset Blues, coming over here stealing our women and raping our horses. :angry:

In all seriousness, what penises. I imagine vast amounts of alcohol was involved.

Why do therse idiots get totally razzed in the first place?

"Oooh i know, I'll pay £14 to watch football and punch a fellow supporter!". What's the problem with Dorset anyway?

Must admit, the constant 'Yorkshire Blues' chanting grates me even after all of these years.

Were Southend, not 'Yorkshire Blues', 'Southchurch Blues', 'Hockley Blues' etc etc

Away at Lincoln last year we had more than just the 2 idiots: normally I am proud of our away following which, IMO, is the best in this (div 4) league and many a team in the two leagues above.

have to agree it gets all rather embarrassing at times. Do question why some people go all that way and get tanked up and hardly know where they are?

The non stop, straight from kick off, barracking of the officials can not be doing us any favours. Do these people think they will either get any decision reversed or influence, in our favour, the next 50/50?
Most refs are trying to do their best (I will admit that some times it is poor) and giving them sh** from the start won't help anymore than the cr** hurled at some of our own players who, for me, are all honest hard working pros.
How many idiots are in "our" crowd?

The non stop, straight from kick off, barracking of the officials can not be doing us any favours. Do these people think they will either get any decision reversed or influence, in our favour, the next 50/50?
Most refs are trying to do their best (I will admit that some times it is poor) and giving them sh** from the start won't help anymore than the cr** hurled at some of our own players who, for me, are all honest hard working pros.

It's days like this which im ashamed to be a southend fan, idiots fighting eachother at a away game, sadly seem's there's alot people who go southend games for a row, , fightin bury fans couple weeks ago in the ground, People abusing the officials at fleetwood. Then lincoln away was a very scary day, seemed to be alot idiots out for that one, why cant everyone just get on and enjoy the Game.

Actually, you will find most referees just think to themselves "cocks" when they some of the stuff that is thrown at them. I sometimes struggle to supress a smile or giggle.

It all started out as banter with the 2 people in question then it evolved with a few personal insults and then they tumble down the stairs and it led to me and a few others breaking it up. I thing it's being a bit reported out on context on here.

And I don't understand the dislike for the Yorkshire blues lot they have been going for years and are top blokes and are all ways getting behind the team.

Back