• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films women dont get?

Winkle

Manager
My top three are,

(1) The Matrix....... If I have explained to the beloved a hundred times what it is all about, she still dont get it.

(2) Bladerunner...... This one she usually watches the first 10 minutes then asks a million questions without watching it and pertrudes to talk all the way threw it.

(3)Fight club.........All i get is "I dont get it"

Anyone else got any?

The Star Wars Trilogy. I've tried to get Mrs Uxbridge to watch them but she just doesn't enjoy them.

In fairness to her, I always find something better to do, like nailing my ears to the garage door, whenever she wants to watch one of the Grease movies.

My Mrs failed to grasp almost any of smoking aces last night.

I dont mind helping to start with but you soon get to the point where you are sick of explaning who is trying to kill who.

Last edited:
Anything by Tarantino :headbang:

I love Dusk til Dawn and Resevoir Dogs, but wasnt keen on that Death Proof, that made no sense to me!

Oh and a film I am still confused with is Pirates of the Caribean the third one, watched it again at the weekend and still have no idea whats going on.

I occasionally like to take a trip back to my youth and watch a bit of pure 80's tat including (but not limited to):

Burt Reynolds car chase films such as Smokey and the bandit, Cannonball run and Stroker Ace.

Any which way but lose / you can.

Police Academy 1 and 2.

Better off dead.

Ghostbusters.

Back to the future.

The Karate Kid.

Risky business.

Pointless post alert***

Not really a film my sister didnt get, but regardless:

Watching Dumb & Dumber a few years back, she must have been around 19. Old enough to be expected to get a joke. Now, considering that we must have watched this film several times, bordering on double figures (don't worry, it wasn't romantic, a family 'affair'), I was surprised to find out that she didn't get one of the most simple jokes.

Lloyd pulls up to a bus stop in a limo, winds down the window and chats to a lady standing there. She says something, he replies, 'thats a lovely accent you have, new jersey?'. 'Austria', she replies. 'Well then, lets put another shrimp on the barbie!'.

To this day it amazes me that she took so long to get that joke, yet laughed along with the rest of us.

Pointless post over.

Ok apart from a couple mentioned that I haven't seen like Karate Kid and a couple of others, I get all of them! Does that make me weird? Then again as I do film studies it's probably just as well that I get the majority of films!

Right,there is one film that my missus refuses to understand,won't let me watch the re-runs of and it is probably my all-time favourite flick.
"Life Of Brian".

It's just not her humour and she sits there like a confused German wondering all along while i recite the best bits to her.

I'm wasting my ferking time every time on this one.

Some films are just best to watch when it's me-time.:headbang:

Wag The Dog.

I loved that film, but half an hour with Mrs Slipperduke watching it just ruined it for ever.

"What's happening?"
"Are they really at war?"
"Why would you make up going to war?"
"But surely someone would notice?"
"I don't get it. Is De Niro a goodie or a baddie?"

Right,there is one film that my missus refuses to understand,won't let me watch the re-runs of and it is probably my all-time favourite flick.
"Life Of Brian".

It's just not her humour and she sits there like a confused German wondering all along while i recite the best bits to her.

I'm wasting my ferking time every time on this one.

Some films are just best to watch when it's me-time.:headbang:

Yes Yes Yes! Women don't seem to get Python (ooer!)

Young, Dumb and Full of Cum 7. She just couldn't follow the savage plot twists.

Back