• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away from home first game and last game of the season, thats pretty rare for us!

Three long away trips in the first month - Accrington, Carlisle and Plymouth!

First 3 away games are long trips, gets them out the way I suppose. In fact the first 5 are all pretty long trips.

Why do we never seem get 2 home fixtures over the Christmas period?

At least the festive period is nice and local. Cambridge away on Boxnig day should be a good trip, recall us winning there in our promotion season.

I bet the club are not happy

1st game away
Boxing Day away
Easter Monday away
3rd Jan away
Last game away

So all big bank holiday games and the first and last games away from home.

Still Luton at home last home match looks like it could be tasty.

If the official Twitter account is to be trusted, I'm not quite sure I'm in favour of us starting one month before everyone else.

I know its not a bad thing to get some of the longer distance games out the way early. But it would have been nice to have a bit more local away game for our first game. The last local away game on opening was at Portsmouth 1995/6 season.

We have not won an opening day away game since a 2-1 win at Scarborough in 1998/9 season. Mind you we have hardly played any away games on opening day since then!

What might the Friday night home games be?
All depends if the away club agrees to it but an early one could be either Oxford, Portsmouth or Shrewsbury games.

What might the Friday night home games be?
All depends if the away club agrees to it but an early one could be either Oxford, Portsmouth or Shrewsbury games.

Hope its not Portsmouth or Oxford, these clubs will bring down quite a few away fans which is much needed money for us
on a Saturday at least 1500 from Pompey and around 500 from Oxford.......the shrews.....250 if you are lucky

I bet the club are not happy

1st game away
Boxing Day away
Easter Monday away
3rd Jan away
Last game away

So all big bank holiday games and the first and last games away from home.

Still Luton at home last home match looks like it could be tasty.

Not too bad for Boxing Day....away to Cambridge
and then the 3rd Jan away to Northampton.........quite like the idea for both of these games

Agree about the other 3 though pretty naff to say the least

I hope Stevenage at home is one of the Friday games because i won't be able to make it on the Saturday.

At least Accrington away isn't in the middle of winter this time though:thumbsup:

Back