• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCStu

President
Just been annouced.

The curse still isnt lifted home 9 years in a row... :thumbdown:

Fixtures Released...

Aug 6th - Hereford (H)
Aug 13th - Accrington (A)

Dec 26th - Aldershot (A)
Dec 31st - AFC Wombles (A)

Jan 2nd - Daggers (H)

May 5th - Macclesfield (H)

Last edited:
Rumour has it that Colchester ask the fixtures panel to be away on the first game of the season due to the V Festival. Therefore we're usually at home as our fixtures alternate.

Rumour has it that Colchester ask the fixtures panel to be away on the first game of the season due to the V Festival. Therefore we're usually at home as our fixtures alternate.

Yep, so ALL of their fans are able to attend easily, hassle free. All 2000 of them. LOL.

EDIT - Oh and hopefully some of these get changed to a Friday night!

Starting and finishing on a home game, and at least Torquay away looks like hopefully a good weekend one, with both Plymouth and Morecambe still being in the depths of winter. Notice both Gillingham and Crawley games are midweeks. Bit of a sod having two aways in a row over the Christmas period, AFC Wimbledon away on New Year's Eve isn't great from my perspective either.

I'm quite happy with some of the fixutes.

Boxing day and the final away game (Aldershot and Oxford) - never been to either so that's good.

Home on the first day is good for me, because I have a wedding in Ipswich on the Friday, so an away fixture would have been difficult!

BRING. IT. ON

I'm surprised no-one has yet mentioned the first couple of months of the season being particularly tough - yes we should win on opening day (seeing as we've won the last 8 or 9 on the spin vs Hereford!) but we definitely could have asked for a kinder start to the season. If we are in the top half by the start of October I'll be happy as it will set us up nicely for a push after that.

Bit dissapointed that there is isn't a game at Christmas but what can you do. I'll probably end up going to the Wimbledon game anyway.

No home game over xmas is most unfortunate, always get extra fans, the club will be disappointed Im sure.
Also Dagenham on a saturday away when the district line is nearly always ****ed at the weekends isnt good. Wouldve been better on a week night.

I'm surprised no-one has yet mentioned the first couple of months of the season being particularly tough - yes we should win on opening day (seeing as we've won the last 8 or 9 on the spin vs Hereford!) but we definitely could have asked for a kinder start to the season. If we are in the top half by the start of October I'll be happy as it will set us up nicely for a push after that.

Yes 9 straight wins and haven't lost to them for 25 years.

I reckon there will still be several changed to Fridays, Oxford at home on 5th November for starters!

Mrs DS starts her new job on Monday so I'll definately be able to get to more home games next season. Got to be there for Hereford on the first day when Harris gets his debut hattrick. Daggers & Wimbledon away are looking tempting.

I reckon there will still be several changed to Fridays, Oxford at home on 5th November for starters!

Would have thought Bradford City as well, being the Saturday before the Christmas break.

I see our first couple of home games do clash with West Ham home games and quite a few others during the season.

Almost half, which is interesting. Does that mean we have no longer selected them as the team not to be paired with ?

Back