• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi galvatron - welcome to the Zone!

My first game was in March 1991 - we beat Birmingham 2-1 on our way to promotion under Webby. Happy days...

Good god- about 1973 I guess. Around when Stuart Brace was with us- he used to caoch a junior football club I played for Eastwood Gunners.
Remember people like Alan Moody, Neil Townsend, Tony Hadley, Ron pountney, Peter abbot et al. First real specific memory is 0-0 vs Liverpool standing on the old South bank and a 30000 crowd. Parker had a 1 on 1 to score in front of me!

Used to stand in the old Paddock normally.

Sometime during 1865/66, I think it was against either Workington or Exeter.

We won I can remember that much, which it quite remarkable really when you take into account this was some 16 odd years before I was born.

:angel:

Those were the days John.

Welcome galvatron!

Home to Scunthorpe, September 14th 1985. We won 2-1, Richard Cadette and Steve Phillips scoring the goals. Scunny's keeper had a nervous tic. "Twitch twitch, twitch twitch, twitch twitch, la la la"

Where is that milk crate?

We've done this before, but we've a whole load of new members since and it's always good to hear others introduction to our beloved club.

Me, August 1962 against Reading, in the West Stand, we won 3-2.
First away game Brighton 65/66 we came second, just,.........9 bloody 1. :'(

So old I can't remember,but it would have been in the early 60's too, like Canvey Shrimper.I blame my parents who both had season tickets until 65/6 when we were first relegated from the old third division.
Welcome to SZ Galvatron.

Early 80's for me, friday night game remember Richard Cadette scoring but not sure who against. Used to stand with my dad on the south stand then try and spot us on Saint and Greavsie on the Saturday.

Blackburn Rovers 1975, 2-2, North Bank. I spent much of the game transfixed by the old duffer in front of me screaming 'put yer red shirt on, ref'. I didn't know what he meant. I think that Blackburn played in red, and that he may have been suggesting bias in favour of the visitors, but why would that mean that he had to change into a new shirt when he had a perfectly good (regulation black) one on? Oh, and the players had big sideburns. Couldn't tell you anything about the game.

Easter Saturday 1973 against Chesterfield. Won 5 - 0. Can't remember exactly but Bill Best and Gary Moore among the scorers. Went on to win 5-1 at Port Vale on Easter Monday IIRC.

Oooh... so close.

Port Vale was Good Friday... 5-0 result, Chris Guthrie got a hat trick and Billy best bagged a brace.

Chesterfield was the Saturday and we won 5-1, Best2, Guthrie 2 and Gary Moore the other one

Aldershot at home in 1967, a 1-1 draw. I share this honour with a regular poster on here from Thorpe Bay (cant remember his name at the moment). Those were the days of (hard) cushions in the East Stand and fans leaving their programmes on the seats after the game finished. They cost 6d at that time.

My first game was v Crewe in August 1969, we won 2-0. I remember little about the game apart from 2 Gary Moore misses when scoring seemed easier. Can't recall the goals at all.

Freexing cold November afternoon 1980, FA Cup Blues 0 Hereford 1, an addiction and love affair was born

first home game berwick rangers in a friendly 1967 first away aldershot 1980,

now on 127 league grounds with southend, and over170 different grounds including all 4 anglo italians, and ireland and the big one

Freexing cold November afternoon 1980, FA Cup Blues 0 Hereford 1, an addiction and love affair was born

I remember that one, as I recall it was the only game we lost at home that season and that included friendlies at home to Spuds (1-1), Spammers (2-0) and Wolves (1-0)

As for my first home game it was 3rd Feb 1978, we beat Scunthorpe 2-0 with Peter Abbott scoring twice. My first away game was Watford in the FA Cup in 1978, followed closely by a trip to Liverpool a month or so later......

It was 38 years ago mate.

We struggle to score 10 goals in 2 months these days let alone 10 goals in 2 days!!
Oooh... so close.

Port Vale was Good Friday... 5-0 result, Chris Guthrie got a hat trick and Billy best bagged a brace.

Chesterfield was the Saturday and we won 5-1, Best2, Guthrie 2 and Gary Moore the other one

Blues 6 Col Ewe 3, standing in the North Bank with my Grandad. We had just moved from Stockport and remember saying how much better the standard of football was in Div 3 compared to Div 4

I'm a post noob too, so this is a good thread for me :)

I can't remember the exact date or year, think it was the 2007/08 season against Brighton and Adam Barrett scored a screamer from the edge of the box. Anyone else know when this was?

I can't remember the exact date or year, think it was the 2007/08 season against Brighton and Adam Barrett scored a screamer from the edge of the box. Anyone else know when this was?

Someone else who is relatively new to the blues, thank god I thought I was the only one! Although Im still ten years ahead of you!

Back