• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chaco27saf

Manager
I arrived in England about three weeks ago and i am having the time of my life here, even though I haven't been able to go anywhere outside of Lancaster as of yet. Getting here was a bit of problem, seeing as how it was snowing heavily in Denver the day I left and the delay meant i missed my connecting flight in Chicago, and when I finally boarded a later plane my checked luggage stayed behind in Chicago for an additional couple of days. But now that I'm here and settled in I am starting to fall in love with this country.

Furthermore, being so close to Southend (well, relatively close compared to Colorado) I think that I am going to make my first trip to Roots Hall earlier than planned, so hopefully i will be able to meet many of you soon. I might even try to make it down in a couple of weeks so that I can witness the mighty shrimpers take down Sc**thorpe!

Happy birthday, by the way! Glad your enjoying it. Any reason why?!

tounge.gif

Glad to hear it Seth
biggrin.gif

You'll be able to sample the delights of The Spread and witness the mighty Shrimpers gun down one of our promotion rivals....
wink.gif
(fingers crossed)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Jan. 27 2005,17:10)]But now that I'm here and settled in I am starting to fall in love with this country.
You must be mad !

rock.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 28 2005,08:59)]Seth,

Drop me an email at media@southend-united.co.uk when you are planning on coming and I will arrange a behind the scenes tour of Roots Hall for you.

Dave
Good work there Scriv a very nice touch.

Welcome Seth, fingers crossed you will be joining usat Cardiff soon as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Jan. 27 2005,18:10)]Furthermore, being so close to Southend (well, relatively close compared to Colorado) I think that I am going to make my first trip to Roots Hall earlier than planned, so hopefully i will be able to meet many of you soon.  I might even try to make it down in a couple of weeks so that I can witness the mighty shrimpers take down Sc**thorpe!
That's fantastic mate - see you at the bar in The Spread for a pint or ten!

You do know that's a Friday night match though don't you? Wouldn't want you turning up on the Saturday afternoon and finding Roots Hall all locked up.

Seth - great to have you in the UK, hope you're enjoying your first trip to these shores and that you're settling in well to life in Lancaster!

If I don't see you beforehand, I look forward to meeting you at the Chester game on Saturday 5th March.

biggrin.gif

Finally - happy birthday for yesterday!

smile.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 28 2005,09:50)]That's fantastic mate - see you at the bar in The Spread for a pint or ten!
Don't lead the poor fella astray, he's only 17 !!

Please ensure if you take him Ron he only consumes carbonated soft drinks so as to not inmpinge upon
drinking regulations
tounge.gif

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I can't wait to make my first trip to see the mighty shrimpers. I'm not positive I'll be able to make it down against Sc**thorpe, but I'm definitely going to try. Luckily I have no classes on fridays, so I'll have ample time to get down to there. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Jan. 28 2005,21:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 28 2005,09:50)]That's fantastic mate - see you at the bar in The Spread for a pint or ten!
Don't lead the poor fella astray, he's only 17 !!

Please ensure if you take him Ron he only consumes carbonated soft drinks so as to not inmpinge upon
drinking regulations
tounge.gif
I think that you might have looked at the wrong profile, I actually just turned 21. I'm even old enough to drink back in the states legally now.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Jan. 29 2005,07:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 28 2005,00:59)]Seth,

Drop me an email at media@southend-united.co.uk when you are planning on coming and I will arrange a behind the scenes tour of Roots Hall for you.

Dave
Thanks Dave, that sounds great!
You'll enjoy it. I've followed the Shrimpers for nigh on 28 years and never had a tour of Roots Hall. Helen Giles gave me and the missus a tour last October when we returned from Spain for a brief visit (and experience Freddy Eastwood's debut) and I was chuffed to feck. It's nothing special - and I'm sure to many, many people it would mean absolutely sod all - but to me it meant EVERYTHING!!

smile.gif

smile.gif

WS

(That's really quite sad, isn't it?!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 29 2005,10:30)]Scriv, can you please fix it for Grim nr to have tour of the Hall?

With me in company too of course!

wink.gif
What have you done to deserve one?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
You'll enjoy it. I've followed the Shrimpers for nigh on 28 years and never had a tour of Roots Hall. Helen Giles gave me and the missus a tour last October when we returned from Spain for a brief visit (and experience Freddy Eastwood's debut) and I was chuffed to feck. It's nothing special - and I'm sure to many, many people it would mean absolutely sod all - but to me it meant EVERYTHING!!
Did you see anything you did not expect Mike?

Back