• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you ever touched the ball at a Southend game

• Total voters
Many times.........

1st - I was the first ever Southend United mascot Leo the Lion and often took penalties against Royce or Sammy facing the North bank wih the bank singing Leo leo - loved it but got banned for doing a finger salute to cambridge fans

2nd - Kidderminster away a shot was hit and I hook my right leg round my left leg and back heeled it back into play - Classic moment, am sure I was with SUFC Essex

3rd - I think it was Jupp in the last minute against QPR in the LDV 4-0 win, he put the ball out that flew over the west stand and I saw the ball come down outside so i put it straight up my jumper. I took it to the training ground a couple of days later and got the team to sign it with Drewe putting a number 2 next to his name for his double that night. sUFC Essex is the ball still in your loft

4th - We was on the coach to Accrington last season and someone said they would love to head the ball back into play, guess what, that night ball came my way and I headed it back.

Square on the end of my snozzle in the early 70's against Hartlepool i think,the first aid chaps sorted the blood flow out not before some wag shouted out great header mate ******.

Never done it myself,been close a couple of times,definatly on my list of things to do lol

Aldershot away in the 80's, I was in the seats by the side of the pitch when I touched the ball/it hit me in the face after Paul Clark cleared his lines.
And, Oxford away about six/seven years ago during the warm up a ball flew into the away fans mid conversation with my mate. I pushed him out of the way and headed the ball back towards the pitch... rose like a young Spencer Prior!!

Had a few times but most memorable was in a friendly in the South Upper a few years ago when one of our players shot over and i just headed it back and it flew straight back over the keepers head... I was pleased as punch!

:thumbsup:

Saturday 29 March 1986, at home to Peterborough. I was standing at the front of the North Paddock with my sister and a couple of mates. A ball comes flying over towards us (obviously a hoofball from someone) and my sister put up both her hands to catch it, I think I may have halfheartedly tried to do the same. But my sister doesn't catch the ball, it hits the side of her hand and then comes down to whack me in the side of the face. I was in pain for the rest of the game.

My sister hasn't been to a football match since.

As a young 'un, standing in the Paddock, it used to be a frequent occurrence....the ball came into the Paddock often so you'd go and pick it up and throw it back. However, this season, one hit me on the knee.....hard, and I ended up wearing my coffee!

Back