• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Next season we can now definitely expect Northampton Town (101 miles from Roots Hall), Oxford United (106 miles from Roots Hall) and Bristol Rovers (176 miles from Roots Hall).

The 'any one from four lottery' is between Accrington (263 miles from Roots Hall), Plymouth (297 miles from Roots Hall), Portsmouth (118 miles from Roots Hall) )and Wimbledon (70 miles from Roots Hall). Leaving aside any preferences not down to distance, then Wimbledon has to be the one we want promoted via the play-offs.

Which one do you fancy to join FL1?

Last edited:
Wimbledon all day long but wouldn't be unhappy to see Pompey or Plymouth. Pompey for some of the best fans in the football league and Plymouth (also decent away support) for a absolute cracking night out.
Well happy with Northampton coming up as had some epic games with them, Oxford is brilliant place for a beer as is Bristol and to top it all, we have Charlton which for me is just up the road.

I'll be cheering for AFC Wimbledon, and hoping (but not expecting) that they can do over Franchise FC next season.

Accrington Stanley? Who are they...

Very unlucky - think Bristol Rov scored in the 94th minute, Stanley hit the bar 3 times... Hope they get through in the playoffs

Next season we can now definitely expect Northampton Town (101 miles from Roots Hall), Oxford United (106 miles from Roots Hall) and Bristol Rovers (118 miles from Roots Hall).

The 'any one from four lottery' is between Accrington (263 miles from Roots Hall), Plymouth (297 miles from Roots Hall), Portsmouth (118 miles from Roots Hall) )and Wimbledon (70 miles from Roots Hall). Leaving aside any preferences not down to distance, then Wimbledon has to be the one we want promoted via the play-offs.

Which one do you fancy to join FL1?

The Memorial ground is a little bit further away than that. Pompey would be my preference, Wombles are a joke club and as for that excuse for a stadium....yuk!

Would personally like Accrington to win the playoffs as they deserve it more than the rest. Although we normally tend to win at Fratton Park so I don't mind if Pompey come up either.

Plymouth - never been to Home Park so they can come up too
Wimbledon - Them playing MK Dons would be interesting.

Basically, I don't mind who comes up but would prefer Accrington!

Next season we can now definitely expect Northampton Town (101 miles from Roots Hall), Oxford United (106 miles from Roots Hall) and Bristol Rovers (118 miles from Roots Hall).
The distance calculator I just put in from Roots Hall to the Memorial Ground is a much further 176 odd miles! Thought it odd when I saw that earlier then forgot to check - 118 would make it not much more than a couple of hours and it's much longer than that.

The distance calculator I just put in from Roots Hall to the Memorial Ground is a much further 176 odd miles! Thought it odd when I saw that earlier then forgot to check - 118 would make it not much more than a couple of hours and it's much longer than that.

You're not wrong OBL. I'm just completely and utterly surprised it was you that found the discrepency:winking:

You're not wrong OBL. I'm just completely and utterly surprised it was you that found the discrepency:winking:

I'm surprised it wasn't the other way round, i.e. you'd gone a further distance than it was, I mean, isn't that rather a blokey thing - over exaggerating length? :raspberry: #stereotype

Last edited:
I'm surprised it wasn't the other way round, i.e. you'd gone a further distance than it was, I mean, isn't that rather a blokey thing - over exagerating length? :raspberry: #stereotype

Nah, I just misread RAC planner. I exaggerate many things, but never length, absolutely no need to.:smiles:

Feel for Accrington Stanley... To be shut out in the 90th minute from promotion would be gut wrenching. I'll be on their bandwagon.

Feel for Accrington Stanley... To be shut out in the 90th minute from promotion would be gut wrenching. I'll be on their bandwagon.

Indeed, fancy thinking you would be promoted from League 2, only for someone to scupper it in the last minute and go up themselves! :pig: :Goal::happy:

Back