• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flahavan

watching the DVD of last season his lack of height and crap positioning cost us goals. he's done the same this season as well!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Nov. 27 2005,21:12)]Dreamer! Short memory have you, he is one of the reasons that we are near the top! Tilson and his dodgy team selection lately must take some of the blame. Smith comes on every week and impresses yet can't get a start, yesterday he showed the captain how to get in the box and score, and now deserves a decent run in the team!
Agreed 100%

Jay Smith must be given a decent chance!!

He's quality!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cheese @ Nov. 28 2005,20:29)]watching the DVD of last season his lack of height and crap positioning cost us goals. he's done the same this season as well!
Your having a laugh!

I really do wonder what games people watch who write on the message board.

I despair i really do!

Bring back Mark Prudhoe (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

i was watching the games wher he stands on his line in the middle of the goal and lets balls go either side of him, espcially from corners

Maybe time to dispel the oft quoted myth that we have two very good goalkeepers on the books.

We have two average but flawed keepers each with (different) weaknesses and strengths. Adequate for League 2 with a decent defence in front of them, not sure they can take us any further than they have.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Nov. 27 2005,23:36)]Come on, Wiggy, let's be objective here. Darryl was at his cement-boots worst yesterday. For Vale's first goal he simply HAD to come and claim the ball as it was in the air a long time from Husbands' cross but instead was rooted to his line. He also completely missed a fairly tame corner that would have had you screaming if it had been Bart.

For the record, I'm not a Darryl basher and over the last 12 months or so he's been a very important player for us but yesterday really did expose his weaknesses as a goalkeeper. While I agree that he may have been a bit rusty following his recent injury, very few people on here were willing to give Bart leeway for this reason so I don't see why this should be a valid excuse for Darryl either.

And I think yesterday also proves that our defensive worries aren't simply dependant on who is in goal, as has been suggested by many on here. Our defending as a unit has to improve if we are to stand any chance of promotion this season.

On the subject of Jay Smith, well, I agree with you here. He is by far our most gifted midfielder and should definitely start on Saturday. I think we have to trust Tilly on this one, though. Jay has suffered two serious injuries and it was only right that he should be nursed gradually back into first team action - and let's be fair, while Jay's cameos as a sub have reminded us of his immense talents, he has been anonymous in his two starts this season so far. Still, at a time when our flowing football of earlier this season has stuttered, now should be the right time to unleash him.
Spot on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 28 2005,23:04)]Maybe time to dispel the oft quoted myth that we have two very good goalkeepers on the books.

We have two average but flawed keepers each with (different) weaknesses and strengths. Adequate for League 2 with a decent defence in front of them, not sure they can take us any further than they have.
Agreed. Also agree 100% with Kris's view on this as well.

Matt

Back