• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flahavan

There is a delay in Darryl signing his new contract as they put him between the sticks and his contract on the edge of the area

tounge.gif
No it's good news if he signs and the rest of the players who are out of contract
smile.gif

Interesting that Northampton and Bristol Rovers wanted him. The comments that Calderwood and Atkins made after the 2nd leg of the Semi Finals weren't obviously just made in the heat of the moment then.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 13 2005,16:57)]Good to have him on board.  Despite his flaws, he's (a) improving; and (b) a good member of the squad.

Still don't rate him as our "number 1", but there you have it...

Matt
Of course he is.

You just want another thread started dont you?

biggrin.gif

Anyone who has seen Flahavan keep, will not be surprised by his indecision and delay in deciding whether to sign a new contract or not.

Personally I hope he has only signed as cover. I'd rather a keeper with some presence, a keeper with sound judgment, someone with more to their game than making standard saves seem spectacular, as first choice keeper.

I now look forward to lots of well-reasoned explanations on why Darryl should be our no.1 along the lines of "Oi, Darryl's great, you're all muppets."

For once, Cousin Weir, I happen to agree with you, subject to the caveat that Darryl would certainly be one of the better reserve keepers in League One...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ June 14 2005,11:22)]Anyone who has seen Flahavan keep, will not be surprised by his indecision and delay in deciding whether to sign a new contract or not.

Personally I hope he has only signed as cover. I'd rather a keeper with some presence, a keeper with sound judgment, someone with more to their game than making standard saves seem spectacular, as first choice keeper.

I now look forward to lots of well-reasoned explanations on why Darryl should be our no.1 along the lines of "Oi, Darryl's great, you're all muppets."
Whats the point? Certain people have made it clear that no matter what anyone says and more importantly no matter what Darryl does they aren't going to be happy with him in the team. Why should any one waste their time even argueing the point now?

Out of Che. Nicky and Flav's. IMHO getting Darryl to put pen to paper was the most important. Moving up a league we should meet less long balls merchants, here's top another succesfull year with Darryl between the sticks
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ June 14 2005,14:30)]Out of Che. Nicky and Flav's. IMHO getting Darryl to put pen to paper was the most important. Moving up a league we should meet less long balls merchants, here's top another succesfull year with Darryl between the sticks
smile.gif
I hope you are right, as the wide men will have a much better delivery.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazzacat42 @ June 14 2005,15:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ June 14 2005,14:30)]Out of Che. Nicky and Flav's. IMHO getting Darryl to put pen to paper was the most important. Moving up a league we should meet less long balls merchants, here's top another succesfull year with Darryl between the sticks  
smile.gif
I hope you are right, as the wide men will have a much better delivery.
and long balls down the middle aren't Darryl's problem- it's the crosses from set pieces on the flanks that saw us concede this season.

Back