• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

flat-hunting advice

Pubey

Hi y'all,

as some of you will know i'll be leaving ss9 and starting a 'proper' job in sheffield a fortnight today. it's all a bit scary and flat hunting is a bit of a nightmare, especially as i cant get up to sheffield until this weekend, which leaves me a week to find, sign for and move into a place.

im going to have to rent, but hopefully just for 6months and then hopefully will have had time to suss things out and maybe buy a small place. my budget is also tight and so renting a 1 bed place is at the top end of my budget really, and so flat/house sharing seems a smarter move to be more comfortable.

does anyone know some good websites for renting flats or finding flat-shares? i'm already on rightmove, primelocation, gumtree and artful lodger... easyflatmate you have to pay which is a bit of a con.

im sure some of you will have some tips and advice which i would really appreciate.

thanks guys

jon

just go to rightmove mate... they have flatshares under the placs to rent section... plus you can find out what the difference between a 1 bed share and a 1 bed flat would be

In terms of house-shares, I know here for example, a lot of people advertise they are renting rooms in the local listings magazine (e.g. music & comedy gigs, other shows etc etc).

Maybe when you're up in Sheffield see if there's a local one? Also, see if the uni can recommend anywhere, again I know one of the uni's up here has a DB of different properties to rent out.

Might be worth speaking to your new employer's HR to see if they have any suggestions.

Might be worth speaking to your new employer's HR to see if they have any suggestions.

definitely will do once i get all the paperwork through. once i have signed up and am a member of staff i think i can access all the accomodation facilities etc

The main problem with a lot of Rightmove, Gumtree and other such places is that some landlords target them and swamp with rubbish. A lot of these are also so big that anything over a couple of hours old goes quickly although this and the previous observation are both observations from London.

I would say that checking round your new workplace would be a decent idea as there are occasionally openings there or, as mentioned local magazines.

Other than that, good luck. Last time we were looking, it took a fair while and a lot of hopes raised for nothing!

Back