• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs Southend United

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
The Official Match Thread brought to you by ShrimperZone.com

So here we are the twenty-first away game of the 2018/19 season and the 1st away game since Kevin Bond was appointed Manager until the end of the season at the Mighty Shrimpers.

Our twenty-first away match is against Fleetwood Town

SkyBet League One.jpg
image.pngVS.pngSUFC.jpg

It is now time for ALL of us to get behind Kevin and the team whether you are at Highbury Stadium, listening on the radio, or watching on ifollow.

Kevin Bond’s 1st Southend United League One Away Team of the 2018/19

D3eLkVyXsAERYfc.jpg

Highbury Stadium is ready for action at 3.00pm Saturday 6th April 2019, it looks like we are going to have an nice afternoon for the game with sunny intervals and a light wind.

D3d-WxfWsAA1ymI.jpg

The weather forecast for day at Highbury Stadium

Fleetwood Town v SUFC Weather.png

Kevin Bond’s current away record after 0 games

Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 0
Goals scored 0
Goals conceded 0

League Positions Last Season

10th (2017/18 Season) League One Southend United
14th (2017/18 Season) League One Fleetwood Town

League Positions Current Season

10th (2018/19 Season) Fleetwood Town
20th (2018/19 Season) Southend United

Recent League Position Change
Fleetwood Town v SUFC.png

Previous Five Meetings

Southend United 1-0 Fleetwood Town (L1 24/09/18 Att. 5,712)
Southend United 1-2 Fleetwood Town (L1 13/01/18 Att. 6,489)
Fleetwood Town 2-4 Southend United (L1 23/09/17 Att. 2,874)
Fleetwood Town 1-1 Southend United (L1 28/01/17 Att. 2,675)
Southend United 0-2 Fleetwood Town (L1 27/08/16 Att. 5,507)

Head to Head record

Southend United Wins: 3
Draws: 6
Fleetwood Town Wins: 2

The Start of another New Era

Kevin Bond.jpg

The Club, the Players, and all the Supporters, wish Kevin Bond and his team all the success in his new role as Manager until the end of the season of the Mighty Shrimpers.

We now have

hqdefault - Copy.jpg

Kevin Bond license to Win!

Managers Pre-match Views

Fleetwood Town

Fleetwood Town Manager Joey Barton talks to Fleetwood Weekly News before the game

Joey Barton would not be surprised to see Harry Redknapp in the Southend dugout at Highbury on Saturday – and the Fleetwood head coach joked that the only phonecall he has made to his old QPR boss was to make him do Bushtucker Trials on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

Rumours are swirling that Redknapp could help his longtime assistant Kevin Bond in his new role as Southend boss. Redknapp managed QPR from 2012-15, when Barton and Fleetwood coach Clint Hill were players for the London club. They won promotion to the Premier League during that spell, when Bond was Redknapp’s assistant. Bond took charge at Roots Hall this week and Redknapp has been spotted at the Shrimpers’ training ground. Asked if he’d spoken to Redknapp in the build-up to the game, Barton said: “No, the only phonecalls I made were to I’m a Celebrity... to make him eat worm larvae and stuff like that “H is a top man. He was with us at QPR.

We shared that incredible play-off final experience (beating Derby County at Wembley in 2014). He’s a good football character. “I thought he came across superb in the jungle. He is a good football man and he is very close to Kevin Bond. “It will be strange seeing Bondy in the technical area without Harry but – who knows? – he might make a late cameo at Highbury to give Bondy a hand.” But Barton says there will be no sentiment and this will be no different to pitting his wits against other managers.

“We want to win every game,” Barton said. “There is competitiveness in every technical area of every ground. It will be no different. “We’ve shared an experience with them, so you know them as a person in a bit more depth than you do most opposition managers. “Apart from that all sentiment goes out of the window.

“I don’t even let my own kids win anything – computer games, board games, races in the back garden. If you do not let your seven-year-old lad win a race, then I’d be very surprised if I let Bondy win or showed any sentiment. “He’s a good man. We will show him the ultimate respect by trying to beat him by as many as we can on Saturday. “After that we will wish him all the best in their battle to stay in the division.”

Full text can be found here:-
https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town/barton-would-not-be-surprised-to-see-harry-redknapp-in-the-southend-united-dugout-at-fleetwood-town-as-he-joked-he-voted-for-his-old-qpr-boss-to-do-bushtucker-trials-on-i-m-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here-1-9693093

Southend United

Kevin Bond talks to Chris Phillips at the ECHO before the game

KEVIN Bond is relishing his return to football management with Southend United.

Bond is best known for working as an assistant alongside former Portsmouth and Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp.

But Bond is now enjoying being the main man himself.

“I’ve been assistant for many years and I loved every minute of it but you’re really reinforcing somebody else’s ideas,” said Bond.

“It’s nice to be given the opportunity to take up the role and try to put the things you believe in in place.

“It’s a good club and I’ve been very impressed by the owner and the players. They’ve been great and they recognise the situation we’re in so I’m thoroughly looking forward to it.

“I’ve had a couple of spells being a manager here and abroad and I’m excited to be doing it again.”

Bond took charge of Blues at the start of the week following the departure of Chris Powell. But he arrives at Roots Hall with the Shrimpers struggling to stay in League One.

Southend have gone 12 games without a win and Bond is fully aware of the difficulties he is facing.

“We have no momentum and momentum is huge in football,” said Bond.

“I’ve looked at previous performances and the team have been bang in the games but the first goal is huge.

“If you don’t get it then you can almost see the confidence draining from the players. There’s a resignation of here we go again but we have to make sure no-one works harder than us and show our supporters we’re never beaten.

“If you have that mentality then good things happen and you get the results.”

The Shrimpers are currently 20th in the League One standings and sit just above the relegation zone on goal difference heading into Saturday’s clash at Fleetwood Town.

Full text can be found here:-
https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/17548816.bond-relishing-his-return-to-dugout/

Kevin Bond license to Win!

Would’ve preferred to see Moore start over White.

Cox up front on his own.

0 points today then!

Kiernan in the middle? Can’t be worse than what we’ve had so far this season. Buzzing for it. Would we take a point? Probs not enough, needs 3 points.

Kevin Bond lines the Blues up for this afternoon's clash against Fleetwood Town

Looks like 4-4-2 for Blues with Mantom on the right with Kiernan and Hyam in midfield. Bunn up with Cox.

Humphrys returns from injury and is on bench. :Thumbs up:

Have to see how this XI lines up. Suspect he’s after a clean sheet and can’t blame him for that. Job no1 is stop the rot. Central midfield needs hardening up so if Keirnan is in there I can understand why. Surprised Taylor Moore can’t get a game. Different captain every week at present.

Back