• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs Southend Utd 6th April 2019 15:00 ko

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for this Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he picks the senior players, that’s because they have impressed this week. It might be what was needed to see Kightly etc get back to playing do a decent level. Everyone clean slate, not judged on how they played under previous manager

I don’t agree with that.

He’ll pick the senior players for exactly the same reason Ricky Duncan did last week and exactly why CP did towards the end....

They are now available, despite not being fit, and on paper they have a reputation and a CV that suggests they are better players....it’s a safe option and what all managers will do when under pressure is to go safe and opt for what you think guarantees you a 7/10 performance.

There is absolutely no way it will have been based on how people trained.....the new manager is not going to risk a named played having, what may be a one off poor week at training over youngster suddenly playing out his skin in 7v7 games for three days!!

For example.....

No matter how they trained this week leets day....Michael Kightly being the worst and Isaac Hutchinson being the best.....a new manager is not going to look at those two names and pick anyone other than Kightly and it will be based on who he is not how he’s trained. Not once cent.

Realistically we would see McLaughlin and Bunn in for Wabo and Hutchinson... but I’d like to try these two partly because the form of everyone else has been terrible and also for the element of suprise.

I like this. On my train home after Shrewsbury I get up turn around and walked towards the exit, there's Wabo. He was with a group of people, or at least the five seats around him were full. But I gave him a head nod to show I knew who he was, he gave me a raise of the eyebrows, looking a little fed up for lack of a better term - tough day for him seeing another striker starting ahead of him. I would've loved to ask what's going on, from his perspective.

Hotel just booked, long drive ahead this afternoon, unfortunately Harry not answering my texts asking him to swing by and give us a lift in the Roller, looking forward to this one, I must be a tad mentally challenged spending £250+ following a team that hasn't won for 12 games, must be love ;-)

They have hotels in Fleetwood?

Right. Got my ticket. Sitting in the middle of the Cod Army though........ oh well, you can add one to the away fans total. I've bought a pack of Fisherman's Friends for fake Fleetwood authenticity. I don't have a rubber cod though.

Vital that we win, but Joey Barton's team will be aggressive and confident. Who ever heard of a little shrimper boat beating a deep sea trawler though?

Please play two upfront, Kev. Cox and Wabo are my choice.

Question; Have we done "a Sunderland"....away allocation sold out ...:Whistling:

I don’t agree with that.

He’ll pick the senior players for exactly the same reason Ricky Duncan did last week and exactly why CP did towards the end....

They are now available, despite not being fit, and on paper they have a reputation and a CV that suggests they are better players....it’s a safe option and what all managers will do when under pressure is to go safe and opt for what you think guarantees you a 7/10 performance.

There is absolutely no way it will have been based on how people trained.....the new manager is not going to risk a named played having, what may be a one off poor week at training over youngster suddenly playing out his skin in 7v7 games for three days!!

For example.....

No matter how they trained this week leets day....Michael Kightly being the worst and Isaac Hutchinson being the best.....a new manager is not going to look at those two names and pick anyone other than Kightly and it will be based on who he is not how he’s trained. Not once cent.

Can’t even be bothered to read your reply, but glad you don’t agree. Means I could be right.

Can’t even be bothered to read your reply, but glad you don’t agree. Means I could be right.

4/6 odds say you read it, but couldn’t find any way to rebut it, because it made perfect sense

:Happy::Thumbs up:

So it’s true what they say about dying and being an idiot.....it’s only painful for those around you.

Back in the '70's central defender Tony Hadley had a very succesful period for us as an emergency striker. I'm not usually all for playing players out of position but I reckon Taylor-Moore be a good foil for Cox in a 4-4-2. He has a bigger presence compared to our other forward options, is quick and a bit more experienced.

So True :Thumbs up:

Back