• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FM08 Challenge 1

Which league to start in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, one more thing, before we start.

Whats the limit of loans you can have in game? As I'm not sure for non-league, but I think it should be 4 otherwise everyone will rely on loanees.

Sound ok?

Oh and yeah, Eastleigh it is. May the FM...begin!

EDIT: One more thing (again)..how long are we going to set for this to be completed? 1 month..6 weeks? Let me know what people want and we'll take a fair average.

EDIT2: Oh and another thing, everyone should be on the latest patch to make it fair, please. Thats 8.0.1, available here

EDIT4: Manager Exp = Auto please

Last edited:
Point scoring:

Conference North/South:

Win the league = 325
Playoffs winner = 250
playoffs loser = 200
6-12th = 100
13th-19th = 50

Conference:

Win the league = 600
playoffs winner = 500
playoffs loser = 400
6th-13th = 350
14th-20th = 250
21st-24th = 100

League Two:

Win the league = 1000
2nd-3rd place = 850
Playoffs winner = 800
Playoffs loser = 700
8th-14th = 550
15th-22nd = 450
23rd-24th = 200

League One:

Win the league = 1500
2nd place = 1350
Playoffs winner = 1250
Playoffs loser = 1000
7th-13th = 800
14th-20th = 650
21st-24th = 400

Championship:

Win the league = 2200
2nd place = 2000
Playoffs winner = 1750
Playoffs loser = 1500
7th-13th = 1200
14th-21st = 1000
22nd-24th = 600

Cups..
FA Trophy

Winner = 300
Runner-up = 200
Semi-final = 100

LDV:

Winner = 800
2nd place = 600
Semi-Final = 400

League cup:

Winner = 2500
2nd = 1800
Semi-Final = 1200
Quarter-Final = 600

FA Cup:

Winner = 4000
2nd = 3000
Semi-Final = 2000
Quarter-Final = 1000
3rd round = 200

Setanta Shield

Winner = 150
Runner up = 120

Edited to include the setanta shield.

So whats the exact plan to sum it all up?? How do we know people aren't cheating etc??

So whats the exact plan to sum it all up?? How do we know people aren't cheating etc??

Fred has a summary of the rules etc. up the page or maybe a page back...at end of each season we put up some screen shots to stop cheating going on, but in other instances we just have to trust one another - that is the only way :angel:

As for a time limit - lets go a week first and then we'll have a better idea of how long it may take. Also with loans - i think just keep it to whatever the game lets you have per season...

Fred has a summary of the rules etc. up the page or maybe a page back...at end of each season we put up some screen shots to stop cheating going on, but in other instances we just have to trust one another - that is the only way :angel:

As for a time limit - lets go a week first and then we'll have a better idea of how long it may take. Also with loans - i think just keep it to whatever the game lets you have per season...

A week!! Ha ha you must be joking I am on drop down this week so won't even be able to do it on my nights :( :thump:

I think having 4 loans max seems more realistic though, and to be honest I cant see myself making 1 signing this window anyway the way it's going...

My tactical skills better be top notch!

My tactical ability is shocking. I am just going to hope I can blag Frazier Campbell on loan he rules. LOL!

I think having 4 loans max seems more realistic though, and to be honest I cant see myself making 1 signing this window anyway the way it's going...

My tactical skills better be top notch!

Any chance of a full summary of the rules cause I will start when I get home just don't wanna mess up.

A week!! Ha ha you must be joking I am on drop down this week so won't even be able to do it on my nights :( :thump:

I meant lets all play at our own pace for a week or so and see how far into the season we get - then we have a better idea how many months this challenge may take...didnt mean lets get 4 seasons done this week...im not that fast :D

Any chance of a full summary of the rules cause I will start when I get home just don't wanna mess up.
4 seasons duration

Only load English down to BSP, nothing else.
Don't load any other 'all players from' leagues.
You can only sign a player if he's british or Irish, but if he is foreign you can sign him if you can scout him, so you must have a scout report for all your foreign signings.
Maximum of 4 loans at one time.
Automatic experience.
Get sacked, you fail the challenge, you cannot start as another manager.

Sorry he doesnt come mate ;)
Seconded :fury:

I've given up for tonight, gonna pop on my oxford in the prem save ;)

4 seasons duration

Only load English down to BSP, nothing else.
Don't load any other 'all players from' leagues.
You can only sign a player if he's british or Irish, but if he is foreign you can sign him if you can scout him, so you must have a scout report for all your foreign signings.
Maximum of 4 loans at one time.
Automatic experience.
Get sacked, you fail the challenge, you cannot start as another manager.

Seconded :fury:

I've given up for tonight, gonna pop on my oxford in the prem save ;)

Thank you will start now :D Let the games begin.

45k to spend then. gooooooood!
lets hope u can make achallenge 4 the title tho :S

I beat Bromley 6-1 but other than that am doing ****e!

Signed Rocky Baptiste :D

i love it wen my computer blue screens on me after drawing wiv wrexham 2-2

even more so wen im on the verge of signing hoops :D

take 2.

after a poor start (1 wins and 4 draws), where i should/could have won them all, i won the next 3 to put me top :D 8 unbeaten.

however a bad performance against welling in which the team let a goal advantage turn into a loss didnt go down well with the fans!

a 2-0 win (sales finally scoring after over 13hrs of football and a 20% shot on target ratio) in the next against bognar restored confidence and put the blues into 2nd position after 10 games(very close atm as to be expected).

9 of my 12 goals have come from brown which is slightly worrying. i need another goalscorer, im hoping my new signing will be gd but he fracktured his arm or wrist in 1st 10mins of his debut :S signed 1 other player, goalie on loan.

meanwhile in league 1 southend united are top after 7 games- this isnt surprising but matt harrold scoring 3 goals, now that is!

anywho i'd best be goin 2 bed now as its gone 5 :S

I tried signing Matt Harrold on loan but had no joy :(

after a poor start (1 wins and 4 draws), where i should/could have won them all, i won the next 3 to put me top :D 8 unbeaten.

however a bad performance against welling in which the team let a goal advantage turn into a loss didnt go down well with the fans!

a 2-0 win (sales finally scoring after over 13hrs of football and a 20% shot on target ratio) in the next against bognar restored confidence and put the blues into 2nd position after 10 games(very close atm as to be expected).

9 of my 12 goals have come from brown which is slightly worrying. i need another goalscorer, im hoping my new signing will be gd but he fracktured his arm or wrist in 1st 10mins of his debut :S signed 1 other player, goalie on loan.

meanwhile in league 1 southend united are top after 7 games- this isnt surprising but matt harrold scoring 3 goals, now that is!

anywho i'd best be goin 2 bed now as its gone 5 :S

Thats a heroic start!! Im just about to begin...

Back