• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FM08 Challenge 1

Which league to start in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No-one is coming!! Very frustrating. Cant believe you got peggy and heaton rich!

nor can i! jus got sean evans in aswel!

he wudnt come earlier in the season but i guess coz im top of the league he wanted 2 sample the fruits haha

In the rules it says you can only go down to the Blue square prem, but when I did that I couldn't select Eastleigh. Shall I make it go down to Blue square South/North.

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to start this yet, most probably start it tonight

In the rules it says you can only go down to the Blue square prem, but when I did that I couldn't select Eastleigh. Shall I make it go down to Blue square South/North.
Sorry if I have misled you somewhere Blues.

I'm going to get into this tonight I think, whilst listening to the game :p

Despite being 3x older than all of you I am playing this as a side challenge. I am playing an additional rule that I can only pay whilst Mrs DtS is watching the soaps. I have played 12 games so far and I am 4th.

Team as follows

GK - Nick Baker - Free
Rb - Luke Someone
LB - Andy Myers - Free
CB - Matt Wicks - Free
CB - Phil Dougherty - £1k

MD - Joe Broad - £10k
MD - Danny Smith - Yts
MD - Kevin Gibbens - Free
AMC - Scott Oakes - OAP home

F - LLoyd Opora - Cheshunt - £6k
F - Scott Fitzgerlad - Basingstoke - £18k

Sold Scanell in week one - No ****er will come to me on loan and no-one wants to sign for me. No chance of a parent club.

As its a double coronation street and eastenders tonight I should get a good chance to play some more.

Despite being 3x older than all of you I am playing this as a side challenge. I am playing an additional rule that I can only pay whilst Mrs DtS is watching the soaps. I have played 12 games so far and I am 4th.

Team as follows

GK - Nick Baker - Free
Rb - Luke Someone
LB - Andy Myers - Free
CB - Matt Wicks - Free
CB - Phil Dougherty - £1k

MD - Joe Broad - £10k
MD - Danny Smith - Yts
MD - Kevin Gibbens - Free
AMC - Scott Oakes - OAP home

F - LLoyd Opora - Cheshunt - £6k
F - Scott Fitzgerlad - Basingstoke - £18k

Sold Scanell in week one - No ****er will come to me on loan and no-one wants to sign for me. No chance of a parent club.

As its a double coronation street and eastenders tonight I should get a good chance to play some more.

What players do you have loaded? As some of those dont exist on my game apparently

I have now made around half a dozen signings, let the league games begin!! Finally got a good pre-season result, with a 3-0 win.

jus drew 3-3 at cheltenham after bein 3-1 up!
they scored 2 in 90th minute ahhhhhhhhh!
i lucky tho,not fancying chances in replay!

jus drew 3-3 at cheltenham after bein 3-1 up!
they scored 2 in 90th minute ahhhhhhhhh!
i lucky tho,not fancying chances in replay!

That i annoying, but not a bad money spinner for the club! Really unlucky though, they done the draw for the next round yet? Who would/could you get?

Anyone losing money rapidly? Currently 56k under.. and im under the wage budget!

Yep - we are 94K in the red...im a little bit over my wage budget tho (desperately needed a new striker...so knicked the top scorer from bognor and regis :D )

After 14 games and a horrible horrible start - Im sitting in 13th place, 8 points off the playoffs...we are playing some terrific football and are on a good run of form too :minger:

I didn't sign up but may start this now, doubt I'll finish 4 seasons as quick as others though.

After another tasty victory against the league leaders...:D

484452785a6686645975l.jpg

Back