• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Following the release of FM2005, it would be good to hear people's first impressions and stories so far.

Who are you managing? How have you started the season? Who are your recruites? What tactic are you finding the most successful?

My season is already 10 games in. I have taken over the reigns at Hornchuch and am currently sitting pretty in 3rd position in the Conference South. A host of players followed me to the Stadium, including West Ham youngsters Youssef Sofiane and Graeme Carrick on 3-month contracts and Premiership duo Sam Togwell and Chris Eagles, signed on season-long loans from Crystal Palace and Manchester United respectivly. Duncan Jupp also signed on a free transfer after impressing on a trial.

I had a successful pre-season which included a number of league scalps including a 2-0 win at Roots Hall, the goals coming from Lee Matthews and the vastly experienced Steve West. Pleasingly I've continued this form in the league with a current W/L/D ratio of 5/3/2. My biggest win thus far was a 5-0 home tonking of Eastbourne Borough and my heaviest defeat a 3-1 loss at Lewes. My most recent result saw me pick up a valuable 3 points at Margate, who themselves will be challenging for promotion this season. I opted for a 4-4-2 diamond formation to try and tactically out-perform my counterparts. The starting line-up was as follows:

GK: Daniel Gay
RB: Duncan Jupp
LB: Damon Searle
CB: Mark Venus [C]
CB: Sam Togwell
DMC: Graeme Carrick
RM: Simon Wormull
AMC: Chris Eagles
FC: Bertie Brayley
FC: Youssef Sofiane
LM: Lee Elam

Brayley opened the scoring on the half-hour mark with a free header at the backpost after good work from Lee Elam. Simon Wormull completed the scoring after we dominated the 2nd half with a well placed shot 10 minutes from time from just outside the 18 yard box. The result meant we were 4 unbeaten so fingers crossed we will keep the good run going.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Sep. 28 2004,11:45)]my heaviest defeat a 3-1 loss at Lewes
Did Barrington "the genius" Belgrave score for them?  I mean, if he could do it on CM2005, that would simply confirm that he is the greatest striker that ever lived...

tounge.gif

Im having troubles downloading it at the moment. Where's the best place to download it from?

Cheerz

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 28 2004,15:03)]Im having troubles downloading it at the moment. Where's the best place to download it from?

Cheerz

Kev

cool.gif
Download Site

If you go onto there, there are about 5 locations you can download the Demo from. Best one I found was Gameshadow. Sigames and the Sega links seemed a bit slow!

Einstein

when i saw the post i thought Luke was having and image make over and updated himself?

Now i actually understand
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Sep. 28 2004,16:56)]A new board came and took over southend on the first day, wiping the debts and giving me 3.5 million to spend on players.
Yeah funny that, as that used to happen to me all the time, some might call it cheating i call it luck
biggrin.gif

still couldn't get southend out of div 1

Back