• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Food and Beverages at RH

Quality or Speed

• Quality of product

Votes: 99 90.0%
  • Speed it takes to receive product

Votes: 18 16.4%

• Total voters

D1versity

YouTube Vlogger
Morning All,

I posted a poll out on X regarding for the catering and drinks standards at RH.
Going to copy and paste onto here just to get as much feedback as possible.
Many thanks for all the support 💙

The food at RH is bad 👎🏼 &after trying some of the food at away grounds it’s clear it doesn’t take much for it to be good andfastly served.

My question for you,
Would you rather a better quality product or faster serving time?
(Can only pick one)

I think it is much more than that to be honest
I have not touched any of the food fir a few years now and i think the food is not of good quality/ is tasteless and over priced for what it is.
The facilities look dirty and when i last did have something i politely asked the person servicing if they could wash their hands before they served me my hot dog - that had prior been taking money. I was told they were too busy so i declined anything from theM.
I guess buying sweets and hot drinks is ok but the tea bar could be so much more

You pays your money, you takes your choice. We always buy our coffee from the M&S Garage in West Road as what is sold in RH beggars description, and you stand a very good chance that your finger tips will weld to the outside of the plastic cups they serve the 'coffee' in. As for the food, I reckon @Tinks has called it right. The whole catering experience in the West needs a complete overhaul. We know it and the Club knows it. When the rat has finally ****ed off out of our lives, then I expect the catering to feature highly on the list of things to improve, and quickly please. I don't believe, for a minute, that the poor sods that work in our catering establishments in the stands could make the quantum leap of better quality fare, speedy service and improved hygiene. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

My daughter was up all night after eating a Chicken Balti Pie last Tuesday, vomiting and diarrhoea. Could not even keep water down for the next 24 hours, missing important work time.
Sorry to hear that. In the West Stand last Tues i had a cheeseburger ( bland but eatable ) & my son had a hot dog which he said was an upgrade on the previous ones hes had from there?. FTR neither of us suffered the next day.

In the States, they would jail you for the fare served up at RH.
I've been to NFL and Major League Baseball in the US, and they serve food and beverage in style - and everything you could possibly think of.
At PNC Park, home of Pittsburgh Pirates there are 110 concession stands!
Yeah, you don't need that many at Roots Hall; yeah, there are more fans, and yeah, baseball is a longer game.
BUT the principle is the same: food and drink served in a sports stadium, which is a) tasty, b) hot where appropriate, and c) varied.
It's been a while since I bought anything at RH. If I'm that peckish, will head for the Fish House instead.

My daughter was up all night after eating a Chicken Balti Pie last Tuesday, vomiting and diarrhoea. Could not even keep water down for the next 24 hours, missing important work time.
Done well to get one Maroon! Normally gone from the west by the time I get there.

Picking only one negates the other tbh.

If you want to make money and get repeat custom has to be both.

surely some kind of preordering app is the way forward here. like interval drinks at the theatre.

Sorry to hear that. I also had a Chicken Balti Pie Last Tuesday from South Stand Food Bar. I thought it was rather tasty.

Done well to get one Maroon! Normally gone from the west by the time I get there.

Sorry to hear that. I also had a Chicken Balti Pie Last Tuesday from South Stand Food Bar. I thought it was rather tasty.
This was from the South Stand, sometimes none left when we enter, after visit to Shrimpers Bar first. Never had problem before.

Just like RHB I to frequent MS in West Road because the choice and better value for money on offer rather than what's on offer at the ground.
Whilst the club is looking to persuade supporters to buy from the clubs outlets this has got to improve massively before I will frequent them

years ago I remember my mate trying to get a pie before the game to be told they’d sold out. When he asked (incredulous!) how many they’d had to start with, they said “six”! 🤣

In the States, they would jail you for the fare served up at RH.
I've been to NFL and Major League Baseball in the US, and they serve food and beverage in style - and everything you could possibly think of.
At PNC Park, home of Pittsburgh Pirates there are 110 concession stands!
Yeah, you don't need that many at Roots Hall; yeah, there are more fans, and yeah, baseball is a longer game.
BUT the principle is the same: food and drink served in a sports stadium, which is a) tasty, b) hot where appropriate, and c) varied.
It's been a while since I bought anything at RH. If I'm that peckish, will head for the Fish House instead.
You pay for it though at an NFL game last year a slice of Pizza was £20 and a can of beer £16

The food at roots hall is dire.

We call them "roots hall death" burgers

Bread bun is always dry, burger cold and tasteless for about £4.

Back