• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Food and Beverages at RH

Quality or Speed

• Quality of product

Votes: 99 90.0%
  • Speed it takes to receive product

Votes: 18 16.4%

• Total voters
If the quality is better then i'd expect the speed to be slightly slower, and thats a trade off i'd happily take.

You only have to look at some of the food available at other clubs to start getting food fan envy

Can remember being stopped years ago entering the south upper with a chip buttie from the fish house. Steward said can't bring that in here as we sell food. Told him in no uncertain terms to do one as I didn't want to spend the night on the toilet. Guy just shrugged his shoulders and let me pass🤣🤣

I haven’t eaten anything “cooked “ at The Hall for years
Very poor quality and the pricing is very disproportionate
Good food (including onions 🧅), happy to pay and wait for.
As demand and profits climb , increase staffing levels to manage.
Or, sublet food outlets for a price 🤔🤔

I never have a problem with the burgers in the West Stand, we don't always have one but when we do they've been fine. Might be that they're fresher when we get to have them usually just on kick off, as the pre-prepared ones have gone - I don't know.

What I do know is that the average spend per person at RH, at just over £1 per head, is something that needs to go up to give us a decent income and to get that to go up, obviously more people need to be attracted to buy things. If that's down to quality, then it has to improve.

I never have a problem with the burgers in the West Stand, we don't always have one but when we do they've been fine. Might be that they're fresher when we get to have them usually just on kick off, as the pre-prepared ones have gone - I don't know.

What I do know is that the average spend per person at RH, at just over £1 per head, is something that needs to go up to give us a decent income and to get that to go up, obviously more people need to be attracted to buy things. If that's down to quality, then it has to improve.
I buy a Bovril now so that's £2.30 they are better off.

I'm actually quite partial to a cheeseburger and onions with the burger sauce in it. The coffee is truly terrible though.
Of late, after parking, I've been distracted by a battered sausage and chips which I somehow manage to wolf down on the walk to the railway for a doombar. Then back in time for the start of the teams warm up !
It's way too hectic a schedule and I need to do away with something! I've a feeling it might be the warm up!

The food at Roots Hall is atrocious and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, the only things that are remotely edible are the pies and that's only because they are pre-packaged. Even then it sounds from some reports like they're not being heated up properly.

The club could do a lot better all round with matchday spend by the sounds of it. Give us some decent food, good beer and a better range of merch in the club shop and I'm sure the average spend will significantly improve.

The problem with large venues is that they have a captive audience.

Not so much at roots hall
And also football isn't so long that you can have the captive audience. Two hours isn't very long to go without something to eat. There may be more opportunities to sell food at evening games where perhaps people come straight from work, but on a Saturday 3pm ko it is in between regular meal times. Most people are in the ground by 2:55 and leave within 5 mins of the end.

Back