• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Football Superstitions - What's Yours?

For me it's never wanting to go away to Swindon again.

Bit of a gutless dump by all accounts but its not that.

The first time I went there in the 80's I was with some Plymouth Argyle mates. Had an Argyle scarf on (I was at Uni there for three years ... tricky getting back to Roots Hall every game from Devon on a student grant and needed a footie fix). Somehow I lost them on the way to the ground and walked in a mile or so alone, met them there. All fine, Argyle lost as usual. Made my own way back, walking again on my todd. Next day I found out that a lone Argyle fan had been murdered on the way to the ground.

The second time was with SUFC. Living in Bristol at the time I was driving back home after the match down the M4 when a car sped past me and then span on the ice from one side of the carriage way to the other right in front of me. Somehow I avoided him and we both came to rest on the hard shoulder. He was ok but badly shaken, as was I.

I believe that things come in three's. Not going back to Swindon again.

Looking forward to Hull tomorrow - don't worry my fellow passengers, not been there before.

oh, and resisting the urge to boo ex-players i hate until were at least two up (mcricketts excluded)

For me it's never wanting to go away to Swindon again.

Bit of a gutless dump by all accounts but its not that.

The first time I went there in the 80's I was with some Plymouth Argyle mates. Had an Argyle scarf on (I was at Uni there for three years ... tricky getting back to Roots Hall every game from Devon on a student grant and needed a footie fix). Somehow I lost them on the way to the ground and walked in a mile or so alone, met them there. All fine, Argyle lost as usual. Made my own way back, walking again on my todd. Next day I found out that a lone Argyle fan had been murdered on the way to the ground.

The second time was with SUFC. Living in Bristol at the time I was driving back home after the match down the M4 when a car sped past me and then span on the ice from one side of the carriage way to the other right in front of me. Somehow I avoided him and we both came to rest on the hard shoulder. He was ok but badly shaken, as was I.

I believe that things come in three's. Not going back to Swindon again.

Looking forward to Hull tomorrow - don't worry my fellow passengers, not been there before.

You going to join us on Saturday Andy?

Back