• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football training for 3-6 year olds...

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Our very popular Southend "Manor Mini's" training session for 3-6 year old's (Boys & Girls of all abilities) is back from this Saturday 31st Aug, 11:15am-12:15pm at Southchurch Park, with our "UEFA A" coach Dave Thompson, who was involved with the SUFC COE not that long ago. And at the same time every week thereafter...

If you would like to bring your child along, please make sure you register on our website http://www.southendmanoryouth.co.uk/#!manor-minis/ca0w before attending. This is so we have all of your childs details and contact numbers in the event of any problems or cancellations.

This is a great fun session to introduce your child to the beautiful game and at only £1 per week, it is a bargain as well!

More details can be found on the "Manor Mini's" section of our website.

Hopefully you SZ members that are local and have a child aged 3-6 will bring them along. I guarantee they will love it!

Any questions, fire away...

:thumbsup:

Getting a decent response from Zoners. Keep them coming people. The more the merrier.

Get your child on the football ladder. Perhaps in a few years they will be snapped up by the SUFC Academy. We have had quite a few join SUFC and others this summer.

Id like to bring my son along Smiffy.

He is 6 and hasnt played yet (and is rubbish) and really want to get him started.

Not one for me as I live nowhere near Southend, but £1 a session is a real bargain. Great stuff.

I take my two to football on Saturday mornings and it's £2.50 each for only 45 minutes (most of which time they spend asking to play on the swings in the adjoining playground)

Lee,

To find a club to take my son too. Looked on the local FA website but its crap. Any ideas?

DTS

Have you tried the local children's centres Dave? The football sessions mine go to are run by Arsenal, but through the same centre that also organises other playgroups they attend.

Lee,

To find a club to take my son too. Looked on the local FA website but its crap. Any ideas?

DTS

Always a good idea to tweet the Essex FA or Maldon Blues (Mark) or if you know any of the local leagues try finding there web sit.

Otherwise word of mouth

Kids football = one kid punting the ball somewhere on the pitch and 20 kids following after it. Quite amusing.

Have you tried the local children's centres Dave? The football sessions mine go to are run by Arsenal, but through the same centre that also organises other playgroups they attend.

Cheers mate. Son only three but has shown interest (we play every night) so thought I might push him on.

Talking to my son and think he is scared to go as his friends wont be there. Not sure how to get him to go without pressuring him.

Cheers mate. Son only three but has shown interest (we play every night) so thought I might push him on.

My two are a little younger than the Baker Boy and to be honest don't get as involved as the slightly older kids. But they do have fun, even if it's playing hide and seek rather than scoring a penalty past their old man. And if they associate being at football with having fun then that's a good enough start for me.

Kids football = one kid punting the ball somewhere on the pitch and 20 kids following after it. Quite amusing.

Much more amusing than what I see some clubs doing with kids training. I've seen them having kids doing shuttle runs, press ups and the like. FFS give them a ball, give them a small pitch to play in and teach them about ball control. Teaching the brain can come later

Shuttle runs for kids? They have unlimited energy anyway, fitness isnt really required!

Well I had another chat with my lad and I dont think he likes idea of going on his own and quite nervy. My plan is therefore to take him over the park for a kickabout before and then take him to watch. Hopefully he will see its nothing to be scared of and want to join in.

Ill sign him up just in case....

Training down at Manor is all about fun and learning ball control, passing, shooting and playing in a tight environment etc at that age. The most running they will do is perhaps a short warm up before the session. Shuttle runs and strengthening exercises at that age is ludicrous and totally against FA guidelines.

Anyone local please bring your kids along from tomorrow morning. They are all a bit nervy to start, but they will soon be begging you to bring them along every weekend. Why not bring a friend of your child's along as well, to make it a bit easier for them....

Anyone interested, please register your childs details on the Manor website.

Just so you know, we have about 25 registered so far for the Manor Mini's training. Most of them are only 4 years old. With a handful of 3, 5 and 6 year olds. By the time this lot are old enough to play matches for one of our U7 teams (6 years old now) they will be real stars and love every minute.

Back