• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For all you office types.....

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
Need to get my hands on a copy of Visual Basic for an assignment i have to complete by February. Looked in some shops and they are charging in excess of £100.

Just wondering if any of you office types would be able to get your hands on a cheap copy for me.
biggrin.gif

Wish I had assignments using VB at school... we just about had a BBC Micro with HUGH floppy disks...

Kids of today eh?! DONT KNOW YA BORN!!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Nov. 28 2003,11:57)]Wish I had assignments using VB at school... we just about had a BBC Micro with HUGH floppy disks...
Hugh floppy disks? We had to use Alan's.

10 PRINT "POO"
20 GOTO 10

Oh the memories of Basic before it went all visual!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 28 2003,11:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Nov. 28 2003,11:57)]Wish I had assignments using VB at school... we just about had a BBC Micro with HUGH floppy disks...
Hugh floppy disks? We had to use Alan's.
Think yourself lucky, we had to use punch card and send them to Chelmsford to be processed.
We had a day trip to see the computer, it was kept in this huge air conditioned room with about 20 people looking after it.
My daughters toy doll probably has more computing power!

My project for the year was to produce my initials "AS" made up of A'sand S's. I think it took about 7000 punch cards. I used to dread going to computer studies because of the sack full of paper I had to carry about.

Shouldn't take too long, I downloaded all 200MB of Acrobat 6 Pro in a week from Shareaza, it just ran in the background, and didn't notice it coming in. All on a 56k connection.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2003,11:10)]Need to get my hands on a copy of Visual Basic for an assignment i have to complete by February. Looked in some shops and they are charging in excess of £100.

Just wondering if any of you office types would be able to get your hands on a cheap copy for me.  
biggrin.gif
Visual basic is pony.

It's old hat.

I work as a professional VMS Pascal programmer and I can tell you it's the thing of the future.

Do you HAVE to do your assignment in VB? If you have a choice of languages I would use C++ or Java. You can download either for free.

If your not worried about getting a job I would go for Ada 95. God's own programming language.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2003,15:03)]I have to use VB and i have to make up a quiz for pre 12 yr olds
biggrin.gif
Ironic, because you will be doing it using a programming language developed by 12 year olds.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2003,15:03)]I have to use VB and i have to make up a quiz for pre 12 yr olds
biggrin.gif

And it's ok now cos someone's been generous enough to give me a copy
smile.gif
Use word then!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 28 2003,15:06)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif
Ironic, because you will be doing it using a programming language developed by 12 year olds.
Well it'll be easy for me to understand then, wont it?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
biggrin.gif

And it's ok now cos someone's been generous enough to give me a copy
smile.gif
Ah!, i had to do that last year, which is why i've got VB7. I got it off some dodgy looking site as an 80mb Zip file. That would still take an age to do with a 56k though wouldn't it!?. Good job you've got a copy then.
wink.gif

(its an easy project by the way, the amount of paperwork that goes with it is the worst factor about it)

Back