• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend 0 Cheltenham 2
Lincoln 1 Southend 1
Rochdale 2 Southend 0
Southend 0 Cambride 0
Bristol Rovers 2 Southend 1

24th after 5 games and only 2 goals. That's how we started our season in 2004/5 and we eventually gained promotion via the play offs.

This sseason 2 defeats in 2 games, but (and I realise it's a large size in ifs) we win our next 2 games our start to this season will be exactly the same as last, the difference being we won our first two.

and for those of an optimistic nature and who like a bet........you can now get 25's on us winning the league :winking:

At this point in time its hard to be overly optimistic.

Personally think we will get no more than a draw on Saturday which will no doubt leave us bottom.

I would however say that the season is 46 games long and I dont believe in recent years has been decided in August (havent checked though :smile:)

Crewe and Swindon showed last year you dont have to start off well to go up, we have to hope that we get our act together over the next couple of games and start getting some points on the board.

Heyy, I agree with Jam Man (apart from we could actually beat Cobblers...keep the faith)!! It is a strange old world!

Southend 0 Cheltenham 2
Lincoln 1 Southend 1
Rochdale 2 Southend 0
Southend 0 Cambride 0

24th after 5 games and only 2 goals. That's how we started our season in 2004/5 and we eventually gained promotion via the play offs.

This sseason 2 defeats in 2 games, but (and I realise it's a large size in ifs) we win our next 2 games our start to this season will be exactly the same as last, the difference being we won our first two.

...and Swindon lost 4 of their first 5 games last season :whistling:

I can;t believe Northampton is being touted as a 'not expected to win' game - shows how far we have gone south in the past few years ........hard to swallow .

Southend 0 Cheltenham 2
Lincoln 1 Southend 1
Rochdale 2 Southend 0
Southend 0 Cambride 0

It doesn't seem that long ago Cambridge United were in the league...Time flies.

I can;t believe Northampton is being touted as a 'not expected to win' game - shows how far we have gone south in the past few years ........hard to swallow .

Injuries old chap. Have no faith in our front line at present and with Timlin suspended as well we are lacking first team players.

If we had everyone fit Id be much more confident.

Back