• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Foran going to ICT

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Not sure if it is true but just got a txt from a mate in Inverness saying that Terry Butcher (ICT New manager) is going to sign Foran before the weekends clash against Celtic

Anyone confirm???

Please, please, please let this be true.

Would clear a lot of room on the wage bill.

Great news if true, and I don't just mean from our point of view and removing a £2,500 (or £3,000 depending on who you ask) dead weight from our wage will. It's clear that Foran is never going to play for us again for one reason or another and it's therefore best for all parties concerned that he moves on.

Having said that, there have been rumours of his permanent departure before so I'll believe it when I see it.

It's great news if he goes, but can't see it, especially as he can't play at the weekend through injury.

Can they afford his wages? His move to another Scottish club was stumped because of his wages. I can't remember but it was in the summer. Or am I just talking ****.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1051509/?UserKey=

Butcher targets Foran but Cowie set to sign for Watford

By Stephen Kasiewicz
Published: 29/01/2009

Don Cowie could be on the way out at Caley Thistle and Richie Foran on the way in as Terry Butcher bids to drag Caley Thistle out of the Scottish Premier League relegation zone.
Irishman Foran, meanwhile, has been out of favour at English League 1 side Southend. The former Motherwell player was a target for Aberdeen last summer but the deal collapsed over fears about the player’s fitness.

Don't shoot me if it is not true....but the rumour mill up here is normally spot on.

Butcher is supposedly signing 2 players before the Celtic game and one of them is confirmed as Foran.

Can they afford his wages? His move to another Scottish club was stumped because of his wages. I can't remember but it was in the summer. Or am I just talking ****.

Assuming he's on 3k/week now, he'd have 4 months left on his deal with us. If he took, say, a 2k/week drop now in order to secure a contract for another 2 years at ICT at 1k a week, that's another 104k in the bank for the cost of 8k lost from us now. Seeing out his contract with no guarantee of a job in the summer against a new contract would seem daft for all parties, Foran included.

i hope so,the deal will also be undisclosed so we dont get to see how much we lost on this player,probs get no more than 30,000 to 50,000 at most.
however i would pay them to take him.

Back