• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Foran going to ICT

Would like to know how much this complete waste of space has cost us, per mintute on the pitch or per goal over the last few years. Still find it hard to believe we agreed his level of contract without fully grasping his possible or potential contribution to the side.

I would like to think the last few days posts about Foran on the Zone has prompted the club to leap into action. The power of the Zone strikes again.

It's great news if he goes, but can't see it, especially as he can't play at the weekend through injury.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just assure Mr Butcher that, if necessary, there are a few hundred people in Southend that are ready to pay his fare or drive him to ICT, in an effort to make sure that he is there in time for their match.

If this transfer does go ahead, I'd be more glad for Foran than the club.

He has recieved more abuse from the 'fans' than is warranted and I personally think it's a disgrace. You've all said he's this and that but without an explanation of what he has actually done wrong, I don't think it's fair to comment - especially not to slag a player off - over ALLEGATIONS.

Fair enough he might never have played for this club again and we let his contract run out, but for our own supporters to hound him out of the club is quite frankly, a disgrace.

I'm sure I'll get flamed as well, but I couldn't really care less...

He has recieved more abuse from the 'fans' than is warranted and I personally think it's a disgrace. You've all said he's this and that but without an explanation of what he has actually done wrong, I don't think it's fair to comment - especially not to slag a player off - over ALLEGATIONS.

Fair enough he might never have played for this club again and we let his contract run out, but for our own supporters to hound him out of the club is quite frankly, a disgrace.

But don't forget, Jay, that this is also the player who turned down a decent move to Aberdeen because he would rather earn a few bob a week more lounging around with our youth players than play first team football in the SPL. I admire your stance, but I'm not sure Mr. Foran is worthy of it.

But don't forget, Jay, that this is also the player who turned down a decent move to Aberdeen because he would rather earn a few bob a week more lounging around with our youth players than play first team football in the SPL. I admire your stance, but I'm not sure Mr. Foran is worthy of it.

Was that a fact thought because I heard that it was down to fitness. He was more than willing to sign for them....

Was that a fact thought because I heard that it was down to fitness. He was more than willing to sign for them....

Fair point, Facts are the one thing that is hard to come by in the Foran saga, but I haven't heard anything myself about his fitness or lack of it until this "back spasm" thing. He would have to be massively unfit for Aberdeen just to walk away from the deal, I would have thought and he was doing a good shift for Darlo at the time, so I would be suprised if that was a factor.

It would appear he has a reputation !!!

to be fair i thought foran was a good player, always played wide left despite being a striker,

i was always dying for him to play through the middle cos he scored goals

a few penalties though,

and he loved the mega bar!!!

also shagged half of motherwell, ...

I always found Foran to be a bit of a hot and cold player. Some games he appeared that he just couldn't be arsed but then he'd come out in the next game getting stuck in all over the park. Not a bad player when he puts the effort in though and a good penalty taker.

The young ladies of Inverness better watch out though ...

I, for one, think the level of abuse he recieved is perfectly acceptable. I certainly haven't heard any stories of him recieving torrents of abuse whenever he's been out and he hasn't had the oppurtunity to be boo'd on the pitch... Which is a damn sight less than what Revell and Mildenhall have had to put up with at times during the season.

Foran is a leach on the club. He's getting paid £3k per week to run around for 2 hours on weekday mornings, if he's not injured that is, and is happy to do just that instead of move to find regular football. He's taking the ****.

As for the claims over the allegations put forward to him... I think it's been made pretty damn clear that the allegations are true looking at the treatment he's recieved.

Fair point, Facts are the one thing that is hard to come by in the Foran saga, but I haven't heard anything myself about his fitness or lack of it until this "back spasm" thing. He would have to be massively unfit for Aberdeen just to walk away from the deal, I would have thought and he was doing a good shift for Darlo at the time, so I would be suprised if that was a factor.

He had has a series of knee injuries which has kept him out for a long time and when he was starting to get back to fitness, his back has gone.

Not sure I can be bothered to defend him on here anymore, people seem to have made up their minds about him and I just can't wait to see who the next boo-boy is going to be when he's gone.

He had has a series of knee injuries which has kept him out for a long time and when he was starting to get back to fitness, his back has gone.

Not sure I can be bothered to defend him on here anymore, people seem to have made up their minds about him and I just can't wait to see who the next boo-boy is going to be when he's gone.

good. sssssssh up.

I, for one, think the level of abuse he recieved is perfectly acceptable. I certainly haven't heard any stories of him recieving torrents of abuse whenever he's been out and he hasn't had the oppurtunity to be boo'd on the pitch... Which is a damn sight less than what Revell and Mildenhall have had to put up with at times during the season.

Foran is a leach on the club. He's getting paid £3k per week to run around for 2 hours on weekday mornings, if he's not injured that is, and is happy to do just that instead of move to find regular football. He's taking the ****.

As for the claims over the allegations put forward to him... I think it's been made pretty damn clear that the allegations are true looking at the treatment he's recieved.

If you think Foran's the only player who has shagged another players wife, then you need to open your ears. The player in question has already left, so why Foran can't be given another chance to prove his worth is beyond me. Fans, I guess.

It's swings and roundabouts at the end of the day and we should be judging him on his footballing skills and not what he's supposedly done off the pitch.

It's not his fault the club offered him '3k' a week on wages when we were in the championship, because if the clubs scouting system was doing it's job properly then we would have known what we had bought - whether it was a drunken player leaching from the club or a unearthed jem.

At the end of the day - no player should be called a ****. If I was a footballer I would want to be out playing every week, and I'm sure he would too. Give him another chance and I'm sure he'll take it but whether or not the fans would allow it is beyond me.

For whatever reason his transfer to Aberdeen broke down, but the past is the past afterall and it's his footballing abilities that should be judged, and not his antics off the field.

Back