• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Former England player Ray Wilkins critically ill after cardiac arrest

An induced coma is quite common after a heart attack, just been through all this with my mother in law, who is still in hospital 2 and a half weeks on.

Always liked Wilkins, best wishes to his family and wishing him a good recovery.

Wilkins was a poor man's Kevin Maher! Wonderful player in an era where we were sadly lacking in international quality. If he was in his prime now he would thrive in the Premiership. I doubt the same could be said for someone like Bryan Robson.

Still plenty to give back to football if he recovers. I wish him well.

Quite shocked to read this. He was only on SSN the other morning and I thought how well he looked for someone of his age.

I'm sure he played in Tilly's testimonial at RH a while back, otherwise I never actually saw him play, but always admired him as a decent bloke. There's a great link on youtube of him calming down some angry Millwall supporters :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWIoTKW_Lg

Kudos! :thumbsup:

It’s very sad to hear. Hopefully, he will pull through

Wilkins was one of the youngsters to break through when I was a young teenager, him and Steve Perryman , so I have always had an eye on his career.
IIRC In those days he was known as Butch Wilkins .

very sad.
Seems a real nice bloke.Always liked him as a player..
The only timt i got the real hump with him was in the 86 world cup,when after Robson went of injured,he got himself sent off.
Keep fighting Butch,we all want you to pull through

Back