• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As I see it PB is now a 4 4 2 manager.
Assuming we have all 4 fit then my guess of PB's preferred pairing is as follows;
Cox Ranger
Cox Fortune
Ranger Fortune
Ranger Mooney
Fortune Mooney
Cox Mooney

In that order as well.

You left Jason Williams out! :winking:

Assuming we have all 4 fit then my guess of PB's preferred pairing is as follows;
Cox Ranger
Cox Fortune
Ranger Fortune
Ranger Mooney
Fortune Mooney
Cox Mooney

In that order as well.

I doubt Fortune can play 90 minutes consistently,Mooney appears so far down the pecking order he needs a miracle.

Ranger and Cox it is then.

Cox Ranger
Cox Fortune
Ranger Fortune
Ranger Mooney
Fortune Mooney
Cox Mooney

In that order as well.

Ranger Fortune needs to be lower down, before Mooney got injured I don't think Brown ever used that combination because Mooney is more of a like for like replacement with Cox.

You left Jason Williams out! :winking:

True enough; if we get to the end of the season and no scare of the drop or chance of playoffs then I'd like to see JW start with Cox a few times and also start with Ranger similarly. I don't see much joy coming from a JW/Mooney/Fortune link up.

Unfortunately today's injuries to Cox and Ranger will strengthen Fortune's agent's hand when negotiating an extension to his contract. I've been very impressed by his fitness, ability and attitude and can't see us signing anyone better in the January window unless we really splash the cash. Of course we need to sort out the secretarial problems first!

Unfortunately today's injuries to Cox and Ranger will strengthen Fortune's agent's hand when negotiating an extension to his contract. I've been very impressed by his fitness, ability and attitude and can't see us signing anyone better in the January window unless we really splash the cash. Of course we need to sort out the secretarial problems first!

I had Fortune down as my man of the match today ............. and I would place him on higher up the pecking order than Mooney. He knows where to run, how to hold up the ball, gets past players, drags defenders out of place and so on.

Some will continue to question why we are signing a longer contract for a 35 year old but I do not see those years when he is on the pitch.

I had Fortune down as my man of the match today ............. and I would place him on higher up the pecking order than Mooney. He knows where to run, how to hold up the ball, gets past players, drags defenders out of place and so on.

Some will continue to question why we are signing a longer contract for a 35 year old but I do not see those years when he is on the pitch.

Let them question it Rattus. Those of us that have seen what the guy can do know he is worth a longer contract.

If you didn't know he's 35 you would never gues- clearly a very good pro who looks after himself. 90 mins absolutely no problem. Just hope one of Ranger and Cox make Boxing Day. If not I would stay 442 and put McLaughlin alongside Fortune as he's a finisher. McGlashan & Hines cover one wing with Atkinson on the other.

Bizarrely on the way up to Oldham in the car today some suggested playing McG down the middle if we had injuries. Now seems we may well have to use the Fortune/McG partnership for the next 2 home games.

Both done really well when they came on. Fortune holds the ball well and took the pressure off because he always made something happen, like win a corner etc.

As you can see with his goal McG's pace was perfect to steal us a second so these two could certainly do us a decent job as a front pair.

I agree. Goater was 35 too and did a good job but Fortune is certainly more mobile than the Goat was at the same age. He doesn't play like a veteran striker.

Back